it seems to be a good price, but i have never heard of one. its a bit of a drive so i want to know a little about it before i head up there.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/msg/1981841525.html
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Oct 2, 2010,
also the speakers have squre backs, does that mean that they are the well known squarebacks?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Meh. A guy I played with owned one and it sounded pretty thin. Not a fan at all. It's a hybrid too.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Meh. A guy I played with owned one and it sounded pretty thin. Not a fan at all. It's a hybrid too.

i found that after i posted. but the power section is tube with a SS preamp, kinda different than most hybrids today. i haven't been able to find clips, but i am still somehow kind of interested.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Someone on here has one but I can't remember who. I think it is kind of average'ish.

i read up on it some more. i think this one is going to be a pass. i am going to use it to fund the vox.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
That would be a great amp for someone with a multifx to run straight into the power amp. Good price.
not a bad amp, but if you look around I bet you could find a VTM for $200-250
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
Quote by handbanana
not a bad amp, but if you look around I bet you could find a VTM for $200-250

VTM? i have never heard of that before. could somebody elaborate.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Peavey vtm 60 or 120. All tube jcm 800 clones from the 80's. Only band I know used them was soundgarden.
Awesome sounding amps that you can find pretty cheap. A bit on the heavy side, but good amps imo
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
Quote by trashedlostfdup
it seems to be a good price, but i have never heard of one. its a bit of a drive so i want to know a little about it before i head up there.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/msg/1981841525.html

I think they replaced the Mace, which was also hybrid but used by Skynard and .38 Special so you can't really knock them for that. I would be intrigued as well.
I think your right, the VTM replaced the Mace, which was later replaced by the Butcher, which was later replaced by the 5150. Although the VTM circuitry is said to be pretty similar to a 5150, it's modeled to sound like a modded JCM 800. Not too far off if you ask me. And the tone shifting adjusters under the front panel make it pretty damn versatile too. Honestly the only thing I would put down about the VTM is the weight, other than that if you can find one in good condition they are awesome. Just make sure you check it out and play it first.
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
Actually tbh, I can't really suggest an amp to you unless I know what style you play, and what your budget is. And are their amp components that you definitely need?(ie:more than one channel, reverb, tube type, master volume, etc. etc.) The VTM might not fit you at all depending on your needs.
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
Last edited by handbanana at Oct 2, 2010,
Quote by handbanana
Actually tbh, I can't really suggest an amp to you unless I know what style you play, and what your budget is. And are their amp components that you definitely need?(ie:more than one channel, reverb, tube type, master volume, etc. etc.) The VTM might not fit you at all depending on your needs.

He's an amp wh*re.
Quote by patriotplayer90
He's an amp wh*re.

sig'd. thanks... lol.

for reference, i play everything from country to blues to blues rock, classic rock, some metal (but not as much anymore).

i decided against it. i am looking for a VTM now... lol
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
sig'd. thanks... lol.

for reference, i play everything from country to blues to blues rock, classic rock, some metal (but not as much anymore).

i decided against it. i am looking for a VTM now... lol

No, you're getting a Vox. Quit being a cheap bastard

They do sound like awesome amps though.
Quote by patriotplayer90
No, you're getting a Vox. Quit being a cheap bastard

They do sound like awesome amps though.

i go where the deals are. if i find a good price on a VTM first, i will buy that first, if i find the deal on a Vox, i will be picking that up. also if i catch a 6505 for a good price, that would be first.

as far as the vox goes, i may be looking into a hayseed, but thats off topic for this thread.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i go where the deals are. if i find a good price on a VTM first, i will buy that first, if i find the deal on a Vox, i will be picking that up. also if i catch a 6505 for a good price, that would be first.

as far as the vox goes, i may be looking into a hayseed, but thats off topic for this thread.

Honestly the deal you found the other day for the Peavey Classic was much better. A better amp for not much more.
I got a pretty good deal on my 5150, $400 even. I see valvekings and jcm 900s going pretty cheap lately. What is the max amount of money you're looking to spend?
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
Quote by handbanana
I got a pretty good deal on my 5150, $400 even. I see valvekings and jcm 900s going pretty cheap lately. What is the max amount of money you're looking to spend?

there really isn't a max. i search CL all the time for 5150's and 6505's, but they just never pop up in tampa or orlando. i found two that were for sale, but they were like $800. which is redicuious. i am just waiting for one to pop on on the cheap.

i dont like the JCM900's at all. they are too fizzy. i am much more fond of the 800's, but they always fetch more, and my Trace Elliot Speed Twin gives a better marshally crunch than any marshall amp i have ever heard. honestly, tonewise its right up there with splawn, just laid out differently.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I'd also look at some old Traynor amps, Sovtek Mig, Red Bear MK 60(friend of mine told me these have the best low end he's ever heard), Peavey Ultra, i could probably go on and on since your needs are pretty broad. The peavey classic might not be a bad choice, but it's not gonna do metal all that great.
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
Quote by handbanana
I'd also look at some old Traynor amps, Sovtek Mig, Red Bear MK 60(friend of mine told me these have the best low end he's ever heard), Peavey Ultra, i could probably go on and on since your needs are pretty broad. The peavey classic might not be a bad choice, but it's not gonna do metal all that great.

I was meaning that as more of a cool really cheap amp, which seems to be what he is into (as we all are).
Quote by handbanana

I was meaning that as more of a cool really cheap amp, which seems to be what he is into (as we all are).

yea, i am focusing on cheaper stuff. mostly $500-$1000.

my main interest on the amp in this thread is that i had no clue what it was and saw tubes, i didn't know what it was, so i was curious, but sometimes you just find those amazing deals, and i was hoping it was...

i don't know if imentioned it in this thread, but i am building a semi pro studio, and want to have a broad variety of amps for that, and for personal use. i figure with the other stuff i will get i could charge $25-$30 to make money on the side. Tampa is pretty good for the smaller semi pro studios. eventually when i have more cash flowing my way i will invest in the higher dollar stuff, i have my eyes on splawn, engl, matchless, maybe a soldano and stuff like that. right now i am just accumulating a large amount of good gear for use, as most of the bands don't seem to have great gear around here.

i have my eyes on a sovtek mig, for one pops up, i have never heard of red bear, i will look it up, i will probably not be getting an ultra, but i will eventually be looking for a XXX or JSX in addition to the 6505.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Oct 3, 2010,
Quote by trashedlostfdup
yea, i am focusing on cheaper stuff. .

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/msg/1983747560.html if you can solder, this is a great platform for moding, it's basically an 800 clone. sell the cab, cheapen the cost of the head.

great cheap set up. he's asking for trades but british voiced, etc.
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/msg/1976969970.html

also, did someone say "studio"?
every studio needs one of these. $225? pfft. beye eet nao!
http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/msg/1968874835.html

i'm sure you saw the ac15 as well.
Well every amp I listed could definitely be found in the $350-800 range
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx