http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQMBoG2k_r8&feature=channel

Power amp design by Reinhold Bogner, EL34s I find it interesting that he describes it as 'all-tube' but it incorporates Line 6 HD modeling, and two 12AX7s.

Thoughts? Personally I really disliked the Spider Valve when I tried it. Not really digging how the DT50 sounds just yet.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Oct 1, 2010,
the high gain tone was a little disappointing... but i think this is a step in the right direction for line 6.
Where does it use any of the HD modeling? I'm sure it sounds ok, but it won't be able to hang with rivs, bogners, fryettes, engls, whatever else.
One 12AX7 in the preamp, a PI and 2 EL34s
No wonder it doesn't sound that great, they're bastardizing two gain stages into sounding like 4 different types of amps with a mess of relays. He sounded really proud of those relays too.

I'll give them an A for effort and a good concept but they're trying to do too much with too little.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Oct 1, 2010,
Quote by killboypowerhed
the high gain tone was a little disappointing... but i think this is a step in the right direction for line 6.

agreed......100%

However, he is in Class A mode for the first half up until 4:30.

But yeah, seems to be kind of a cross between an Alchemist and a Renegade and a Spider Valve. He talks about analog relays - no digital modeling. You can plug a Pod into it tho.

I don't like the term 'Amp Topologies'. Something like 'Gears' would sound better
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

I don't like the term 'Amp Topologies'. Something like 'Gears' would sound better

Topologies does sound overly technical but gears makes me think of Splawn amps and I'd rather not associate Splawn and Line 6
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Quote by justinb904
One 12AX7 in the preamp, a PI and 2 EL34s
No wonder it doesn't sound that great, they're bastardizing two gain stages into sounding like 4 different types of amps with a mess of relays. He sounded really proud of those relays too.

I'll give them an A for effort and a good concept but they're trying to do too much with too little.

The Vypyr Tube is one 12AX7 PI and 2 or 4 6L6es and I would say the Vypyr Tube sounds damn good for its price point. It's not the number of tubes but what you do with them.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
The Vypyr Tube is one 12AX7 PI and 2 or 4 6L6es and I would say the Vypyr Tube sounds damn good for its price point. It's not the number of tubes but what you do with them.

True but the Vypyr Tube also has modeling hardware/software in the preamp to help that lonely little tube out.
The DT50 is supposedly "all tube" meaning one 12AX7 and a mess of resistors and capacitors in various configurations routed with a bunch of relays making those 4 different amp types.
I'd be willing to bet that they could have gotten that to sound much better, especially the higher gain tones, if they utilized another tube in the preamp.
Seriously. Dude sounds like the overdubbed voice in the John Petrucci Psycho Exercises...
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Quote by justinb904
True but the Vypyr Tube also has modeling hardware/software in the preamp to help that lonely little tube out.

by 'helping that little tube out', do you mean adding a bunch of modeling? that one little tube won't have issues amplifying the input signal enough to be passed along to either a single ended power section or to a PI for power amplification.

i am reading into that, i am sure, but it seems people expect 'better' tone if there is more preamp tubes for some reason.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Watching it now.

Not really digging the high gain tones, but usually these videos suck anyway. Clean/Crunch is pretty good though.

It looks pretty sweet though, definitely like the more classic design.

*edit* The POD interface is pretty badass.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Oct 1, 2010,
Quote by Unskathed
Seriously. Dude sounds like the overdubbed voice in the John Petrucci Psycho Exercises...

so true.....

i think its not too bad, it sounds a lot better than any other Line6 amp i've ever played. the high gain wasn't exactly thrilling as MClaw said but other than that it looks pretty good. but at £1350 for the combo i don't think its really worth it. much better sounding Marshalls are at least £200 cheaper
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
from my understanding, which i am sure is elementary, since i am new to electronics, and pedals, but isn't the concept like a tweaker ripoff? i realize that the tweaker changes the tonestack on the brit usa ac switch, but i think Bruce had a better result than bogner did.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by UntoExistence
i was more interested in the MiniMat2 review in the related section.

ditto
Quote by UntoExistence

ZOMGWANT.

that shiz would be perfect for my rez and recording.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
im really excited to try this amp out and see how it fares for line 6. I think it's definitely a step in the right direction for them (as some others have mentioned). Like others, I too want to see what this thing can do in the high gain department. im actually itching to give this amp a try :-)
1350 GBP/ $1300 for this new is ridiculous, and there is no reason why anyone should buy it at that price point. I don't really see what market l6 is trying to aim this at either because people with knowledge of amp circuitry will know that all these switching relays and topologies are gimmicks, and people who don't know any better won't have the scratch to buy it anyway. I don't get it L6. I. Don't. Get it.
Holy piss, 1300GBP? What market are they aiming for? Who would buy this? I'm convinced the only thing keeping them in business is their pods and spiders. They try these new half amps half computers, I don't know whos buying them.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
I foresee the relay switching irritating sound guys everywhere.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

I'd rather have a tube amp that doesn't have a million different sounds and settings, and I'd rather use pedals than built in effects.
The spiders make good cheap practice amps, but getting a tube amp with modeling is a waste of time. All the Digital stuff is going to do nothing but take away from the sound you could of gotten from the tube amp itself.
i think some people clearly didnt listen too well, it involves NO digital modelling
either way the cleans sound good and that low/mid gain crunch was pretty cool but the high gain was pretty mediocre and had very little character for £1300 they're kinda competing with amps that are massively better atleast the vetta had massive versatility on it's side the pod thing was damn cool though
Amps:
Orange Rocker 30
Marshall JCM 800 1960 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400
Pedals:
Boss SD-1
Boss GE-7
Behringer TU-300

www.myspace.com/oceansatealaska
I'm sure it would sound better if he messed with the EQ for each channel. They're only using digital components to control analog components, that way they can change multiple things at one time. It's not going to affect the sound, and its probably going to be used more and more in newer designs. And there are 2 preamp tubes, I don't know why someone said there was only one.
Quote by UntoExistence

All the guy does is slate it, but he's kinda missing the point of the amp. He complains that it's just a box of crunch and awesome with no features and is really quiet. Which is the point of the MiniMat, if he'd used single coils or even tried the neck 'bucker as well the cleans would be much better. Stupid PG.

Also, poor video quality is poor. I'll wait for better, where they mic the amp, rather than the man rambling about it.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Did any of you guys watch the Scarlett Screamer 70 review? That amp is way sexy