Hey guys, I was curious what ya guys have to say about replacement pickups

I want a bridge pickup with a big open sound with a somewhat round top end but maintains a good amount of attack. Like a Screamin Demon with a smooth top end.
And I want a neck pickup with nice warm compression and of course, round top end and a softer attack.

Guitar is mahogany with maple neck and rosewood fretboard. I usually play 3 genres: alternative/grunge, slow hand blues, and jazz.

For the bridge, I was thinking Breed neck in bridge or a Paf Joe
For the neck, I was thinking Breed neck, Air Classic, AP2, or a Paf Joe

I normally use Duncans but I want to try out Dimarzio as long as they are not nasally or modern sounding.
Quote by racman92
Trust Jim, dude. He's a hero to us all. Don't dishonor him with such petty doubts.

LOL my petty doubts :P You're right though
Quote by snarlNbutter
Hey guys, I was curious what ya guys have to say about replacement pickups

I want a bridge pickup with a big open sound with a somewhat round top end but maintains a good amount of attack. Like a Screamin Demon with a smooth top end.
And I want a neck pickup with nice warm compression and of course, round top end and a softer attack.

Guitar is mahogany with maple neck and rosewood fretboard. I usually play 3 genres: alternative/grunge, slow hand blues, and jazz.

For the bridge, I was thinking Breed neck in bridge or a Paf Joe
For the neck, I was thinking Breed neck, Air Classic, AP2, or a Paf Joe

I normally use Duncans but I want to try out Dimarzio as long as they are not nasally or modern sounding.

I have the Breed in my maple Carvin, love it. ToneZone is good too but a bit heavier (more low end).
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
Quote by dkunick
I have the Breed in my maple Carvin, love it. ToneZone is good too but a bit heavier (more low end).

Are you talking about the Breed bridge? I heard good things about the Breed neck in bridge. I'm not really into anything too high output...
Quote by racman92
Trust Jim, dude. He's a hero to us all. Don't dishonor him with such petty doubts.

LOL my petty doubts :P You're right though
The Breed bridge in the bridge position, all maple set-neck guitar. Not too high output, but can really scream if you drive it through a hot amp and pedal. Great all around PUP, as is the ToneZone.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro