So... my Marshall died.
I'm not sure how he did it, but my brother managed to completely kill it while I'm at college. Apparently the speaker is blown, the tubes are destroyed, and the wiring is ****ed out the wahzoo.
So, I get to use his savings and buy a new one!

So with this in mind, what's a good amp I can get for about $600. I don't really have any preference for tubes over solid state or anything, I've just got to be able to play some sweet blues and classic rock on it. I'd like it to be able to handle most everything though, as I play metal occasionally as well. I don't really want another Marshall... I wasn't really happy with that one, but I'd prefer it to have at least 50 watts.

Let the opinions roll!!!

EDIT: Oops, I meant $700. I hit the wrong key, lol
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
Bleach, OP, Naruto, GE, Rosario+Vampire, Soul Eater, Kyou Kara Ore Wa, Kimi No Iru Machi, HSD Kenichi, and many more!!!
Last edited by Fantum1337 at Oct 1, 2010,
Peavey Classic 30?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Actually, that's not bad at all...
I played through a Peavey when I was in my schools jazz band, and I really liked the amp. (I tried to buy it off the school, lol)

Oh, and for the record, when I'm back at my house for Christmas I'm going to be going to Guitar Center to try out any amps that are suggested
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
Bleach, OP, Naruto, GE, Rosario+Vampire, Soul Eater, Kyou Kara Ore Wa, Kimi No Iru Machi, HSD Kenichi, and many more!!!
the Classic 30 will do anything up to hard rock and some heavy metal with a boost and high output pickups
or
Kustom Defender would be worth considering too
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Well, it was a Marshall MA100C. I got it for my birthday just this April, and I sort of liked it... I traded in my old MG15DFX for it, and while I loved my little Marshall, I didn't really like the 100 watt one as much... I think it was just too big... lol I never really pushed it, and usually played it on a lower volume. But now I have my Pignose for low volume stuff, and I only gigged with the Marshall once, and that was for a school talent show, lol
But I really liked it at high volumes, but I sorta want to try out something else.
And really I'd just like peoples opinions on which amps I should try out the next time I'm at Guitar Center.

Oh, and my local Craigslist is shit, lol

EDIT: Apparently at 2 in the morning my grammar and sentence structure goes to shit. This post is like a treasure trove of fail!!!
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
Then it sounds like I'd like the Classic 30 for sure. I don't usually play metal, and if I do it's 80's metal, Crazy Train and such. Occasionally some Sabbath and Metallica.

I'm gonna try out some Marshalls and maybe a few Fenders, but I'll definitely check out Peaveys now too.

EDIT: Didn't see that post about the Kustom, lol
I just checked it out, and I've never even seen one of those before. Regardless, it looks really good and pretty much a perfect model of what I'm looking for.
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
Quote by soul_power
Peavey Classic 30?

that was my first thought, even before reading your post.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
So Peavey = Highly recommended. I'll definitely remember that.
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
that was my first thought, even before reading your post.

Yes, they rule. I got the two speaker 50 watt combo for $250
Quote by patriotplayer90
Yes, they rule. I got the two speaker 50 watt combo for $250

i saw one on my c-list the other day for a similar price, i think it was $275, but who knows i may have been able to get it for $250.

i have enough amps that do that tone though, and one if not two that do it better . and i am looking for a Vox AC, atm.

its a good amp though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
I'll see if I can find anything on the barebones craigslist for my area. If not I'll try to find one used at Guitar Center or something.
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
I found a 6505 2x12 for $400. Is that any good?
Other than that everything is either too expensive or too far away.

EDIT: akjfej iuaphfipo ajdkifj dido ioajf dkv ndj !!!!
Just found it on Musicians Friend. $1200 new?!?!?! **** yes i'm buying this at $400.
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i saw one on my c-list the other day for a similar price, i think it was $275, but who knows i may have been able to get it for $250.

i have enough amps that do that tone though, and one if not two that do it better . and i am looking for a Vox AC, atm.

its a good amp though.

And what is THAT tone exactly?
its a good price for a good amp, but unless all you want to play is the BR00T4LZ, i woulnd't recommend it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
oh. lol
well then, I don't particularly want any BR00T4LZ today...
Shit, and I got all excited for nothing...
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
Quote by patriotplayer90
And what is THAT tone exactly?

lightly overdriven blues to moderate heavy classic rock. i have played them before, and they are good amps. i like them. its just i have no reason to buy one because i have amps that get me a similar enough tone, and that may do it better.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
lightly overdriven blues to moderate heavy classic rock. i have played them before, and they are good amps. i like them. its just i have no reason to buy one because i have amps that get me a similar enough tone, and that may do it better.

Fair enough.

It is a bit different sounding than your amps to my ear. But them again mine is an older model and doesn't really sound like any other classic I've played or heard.
I am, lol
I'm getting pretty much the entirety of the budget from what he's been saving for a while ($400). I'm willing to put in about $300 of my own money if it means getting a good replacement amp though (where I get the $700). I may wait until Christmas so he has more money, lol
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
Quote by UntoExistence
why don't you make your brother pay for it?

I believe he is.

I think your brother did you a favor.
Oh, indubitably. I really didn't like that Marshall that much. I got it at a pawn shop for $400 used, and I think there was something wrong with it off the bat. It started sounding odd and now it's just plain explody. idk, I bought it off of previous experience with my 15w solid state practice marshall (which I loved) and it just didn't add up.
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
Well, he's said that he'd help me pay for it, but whether or not my parents will let him is another story... I may end up footing this bill... which really sucks. But that's what I get for being born first.
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!