Title says it all really, I've been trying to get a black/Sovtek Muff tone out of my new Way Huge Swollen Pickle MKII and been trying for 2 1/2hrs. Anyone wanna help me out with some settings that'll get me an approximation? I've messed with the internal AND external trimpots but can't seem to get anything that sounds close (I'm actually using a Sovtek as a comparison side-by-side) Thanks for any help (this is running both pedals into an ultra-clean set VHT Deliverance 60 if that's any help..)
i wouldn't really think you could get that tone out of it. the muff is a fuzz, and the swollen pickle is an overdrive (very low gain overdrive). i don't see it happening. if you are looking to get a similar eq out of it and not fuzz vs. OD, i could see that happening, but you would just need to mess around with it.

i almost bought a swollen pickle on the cheap, but decided to not pick it up, as it didn't have enough drive, so i am somewhat familiar with it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
In my experience with the SP, I could get nowhere near the fatness and sheer ballsiness of the Muff tone, even though I've heard the SP is like a more tweakable Muff. I played 'em side by side (granted mine is a NYC Muff) and just had to get it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Well I just managed the tone I was looking for, with a slight exception (it's a little.. woolier sounding) So thanks for the responses guys
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i wouldn't really think you could get that tone out of it. the muff is a fuzz, and the swollen pickle is an overdrive (very low gain overdrive). i don't see it happening. if you are looking to get a similar eq out of it and not fuzz vs. OD, i could see that happening, but you would just need to mess around with it.

i almost bought a swollen pickle on the cheap, but decided to not pick it up, as it didn't have enough drive, so i am somewhat familiar with it.

lol, the Swollen Pickle IS a Big Muff.
It's got tweaked values, but still the same circuit topology.

Show me the inside, I wanna see what the trimpots are doing.
Quote by forsaknazrael
lol, the Swollen Pickle IS a Big Muff.
It's got tweaked values, but still the same circuit topology.

Show me the inside, I wanna see what the trimpots are doing.

It lists everything on the interwebz.
http://www.jimdunlop.com/files/1251412492_WHE401_SwollenPickle.pdf

Oh, and lol at the "it's a light overdrive comment".

and to TS, keep the mids scooped witht he voice and scoop controls, set the clip trim pot about halfway for a slightly open sound and keep the crunch knob set for less compression.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Hey guys, im looking for a light overdrive, is the swollen pickle anygood?
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by cliff_em_all
Hey guys, im looking for a light overdrive, is the swollen pickle anygood?

i don't see it happening. if you are looking to get a similar eq out of it and not OD vs. Fuzz, i could see that happening, but you would just need to mess around with it.

Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Swollen Pickle, isn't that one of those cheap Danelectro pedals?
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by forsaknazrael
haha, no, it's made by way huge.

Yeah, it was a n00b comment, not srs.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Well, I think you'd have to get a fair bit of surgery to get a "swollen pickle" to be like a "big muff".

Oh, wait. Wrong thread.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ