what is like the perfect practice amp, that would still be able to play over drums, for the genre of metal and thrash? what can give you that vintage distortion but still always be quiet enough for practice? Lets not worry about price range on this one. just doing some research. can this be achievable with tubes? does anyone know if the peavey 6505+ 112 combo is capable of all these requirements?

-Thanks UG
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
The Peavey 6505 is not a small bedroom amp
I have a very small peavey amp, i'm not even sure what it's labelled as
When did harry potter get a signature guitar?

Gear:

Peavey Raptor
Fender Squire Strat
Peavey Audition Trans-tube Amp
Zoom G1 Pedal
Cort M600
Mesa boogie transatlantic?
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
Wait, you want metal and thrash, but a vintage distortion?

Does... not... compute......
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
personally i have a total of 1x15", 13x12"'s, and 2x10"'s in my room thourhout my different amps and cabs. i can play loud when i want to (think 50 watts dimed), but don't all the time, because that would be silly. so bedroom volume is really a personal term.

if you want tube, you really need 15 watts to keep up with a drummer, more if you want a really clean tone while keeping up with a drummer. if you haven't tried it, dime a 15 watt tube amp. its way louder than you would ever think.

solid state, 30 would be my estimate of what is required to keep up with a drummer, more would probably be ideal for gigging.

for the most versitility, the peavey vypyr. its a digital modeling amp, so the tone is unchanged completely with the volume. they come in all sizes, so you can find your version that fits your version of "bed room" noise. the vypyr tube i would have to say is my favorite, but i think that is a relative obvious favorite.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Yeah, I was wondering about that...

But I've got no clue. My amp right now is a pignose for Christ's sake. Certainly not the BR00T4LZ.
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
Bleach, OP, Naruto, GE, Rosario+Vampire, Soul Eater, Kyou Kara Ore Wa, Kimi No Iru Machi, HSD Kenichi, and many more!!!
Spider Valve 112. Buttloads easier to carry than the Peaveys. Will hang with a drum kit no problem, but sound good at low volume. I'm not a digital kind of guy, but I have to admit these things sound killer. Ran mine into 4x12 and it did great. That single speaker doesn't do these justice. Might have to go after it with a woodsaw like I did the 5150 combo- haha.
Quote by EspTro
what is like the perfect practice amp, that would still be able to play over drums, for the genre of metal and thrash? what can give you that vintage distortion but still always be quiet enough for practice? Lets not worry about price range on this one. just doing some research. can this be achievable with tubes? does anyone know if the peavey 6505+ 112 combo is capable of all these requirements?

-Thanks UG

Jet city might work
Quote by EspTro

-Thanks UG

So... you want thrash, but also vintage distortion, and bedroom volumes, but you also want to be heard over a drummer?

no price range?

I can tell this is gonna be good thread.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Bedroom amp - thrash gain - vintage gain...

Honestly I think some orange amps will fit this discription nicely - may need a OD pedal out front depending on how heavy you want to get.

I personally perfer the thunderverbs over the rockerverbs but check them both out.

Dual Terror may be a good option as well (just not sure if it has a combo amp - I know the tiny terror does but not sure about the dual).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Gibson Les Paul Studio - Gem Series
-ESP Eclipse II Standard
-ESP Horizon FR II Standard
-Marshall TSL 602
-Peavey 6505+
-Mesa 2x12 Rectifer Cab
Orange Tiny Terror and a tubescreamer/overdrive pedal. It has the potential for thrash, but still with a very vintage and slightly dark/loose feel. It sounds nice at low volumes and is cheap. No clean tone really, though.
Quote by Jhachey22

no price range?

well he was considering a 6505-112 so we can safely assume $600.

i'll toss in a used soldano astroverb, but you may need another $100 or so.
Spend 10 bucks on a trashy 30W spider III.
Quote by mullet1337
Holy ****. **** you. You ****ing ****.
Couldn't you possibly just plug a modeling multi-effects pedal into a speaker and get any type of tone you wanted? He never said that it had to be a tube amp or anything, and some of the higher dollar pedals sound nice enough for practice at least.
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
Bleach, OP, Naruto, GE, Rosario+Vampire, Soul Eater, Kyou Kara Ore Wa, Kimi No Iru Machi, HSD Kenichi, and many more!!!
i thought only us sausage eating chicagoans used "da" in that manner.

i still say try an astroverb. look used, etc.