Note: i originally posted this on the EG forum but was advised to move it here...

Well, ive finally got myself a fairly well-paying job, so ive decided to invest some of my new-found fortune in the wisest manner possible - having my dream custom guitar built.

Ive got a spec list in mind, what i dont have is a list of trusted luthiers who i can email with enquiries. Suffice to say im looking for an RG-style solid-body thats good for heavy/modern/alternative rock and alternative metal, and my budget is/will be £2500 (the budget can be pushed if necessary).

Id rather go to a company inside the UK, this way all my cash goes into the guitar and i dont have to fork out for shipping etc, but i am willing to at least look into European and possibly Japanese guitar makers.

Cheers
Guitars
Ibanez RG350MYE
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Tanglewood Evo Exotic TSF CE XFM

Amps
Vox Night Train w/ V112NT
Vox Valvetronix VT30

GAS List
MIA Strat
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-7
Diezel VH4

"Negative, I am a meat popsicle"
Blackmachine.
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Could try Ormsby guitars from Australia, the exchange rate will definitely help you out with your budget as well haha. Ormsby is on the UG forums quite a bit and could answer most of your questions, he also has a lot of his builds up as well so you can see what his work looks like too.
Quote by SDM
Could try Ormsby guitars from Australia, the exchange rate will definitely help you out with your budget as well haha. Ormsby is on the UG forums quite a bit and could answer most of your questions, he also has a lot of his builds up as well so you can see what his work looks like too.

Ormsby does make some very class guitars that i'm very sure you could afford with £2.5k in the bank, including shipping. The only trouble is that he is in massive demand so you would have to be patient, but the results are worth it. I mean hell he destroyed a neck because it had a couple of miniscule chips in it lolz.

Otherwise there are literally loads of custom companies in the UK, at least if the number of custom bass makers i've seen is anything to go by...
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
feline guitars in croydon or possibly gordon smith would be able to do something for you.
Daemoness guitars are also very worth looking at, the guy only makes about 16 guitars a year though, so patience may be required. He is also rather "metal only", but he'll probably do you guitar.
Quote by Mahabajaba
Daemoness guitars are also very worth looking at, the guy only makes about 16 guitars a year though, so patience may be required. He is also rather "metal only", but he'll probably do you guitar.

I'd advise against it, the owner seems a bit misguided.
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Thanks for the answers guys

I realise that either way this is going to be a very long process, so being put on a lengthy waiting list isnt a problem for me

Keep the suggestions coming, im open to all...
Guitars
Ibanez RG350MYE
Yamaha Pacifica 012

Amps
Vox Valvetronix VT30

GAS List
MIA Strat
Diezel VH4

told you you'd get more help around here :P
i really like those organic guitars. remember seeing them ages ago and forgetting the name lol
Quote by Doonan
told you you'd get more help around here :P
i really like those organic guitars. remember seeing them ages ago and forgetting the name lol

Yeah cheers bud
Guitars
Ibanez RG350MYE
Yamaha Pacifica 012

Amps
Vox Valvetronix VT30

GAS List
MIA Strat
Diezel VH4

Check out this guy: http://www.yestragitaarbouw.nl/
It's a dutch guy and his site is only in dutch but you can email him in English and he will reply in English. He learned his guitarbuilding skills at the only masterguitarbuilder in Holland. He recently started(couple of months ago) his own custom shop, and got some nice reviews in magazines. I stronly recommend him, as he is reliable and because he just started for himself he is relative cheap.

PM me if you want me to translate some text on his site for him. Or you can just email him with your questions.

He's building a Explorer for me right now. It's gonna be a replica of this one: http://www.hsronline.biz/HSR%20gear%20photos/Electric%20Guitars/Gibson%20Explorer%20gold.jpg
Jackson SLS MG(EMG 81/85)
ENGL Sovereign 100 watt 1x12"
Boss gt-8
Vox AD50VT
Next: Custom Explorer