Well i've just sold my Washburn on Ebay and it doesn't come with a case.
i've gotta package this axe by myself, where do I start?
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
get one of those boxes that sorta fit a guitar, like those triangular ones, fill it with bubble wrap cover the guitar in some form of plastic wrap, and bubble wrap the rest
You could always go to your nearest Guitar center and see if they have any boxes laying around that they'd be willing to give you, or you can do the smart thing and go to your nearest UPS store and pay a little extra and have them package it for you.
Quote by jeffo46
You could always go to your nearest Guitar center and see if they have any boxes laying around that they'd be willing to give you, or you can do the smart thing and go to your nearest UPS store and pay a little extra and have them package it for you.

This is a good idea. I have gone to local guitar stores in the past to get boxes. If you go to a UPS store and have them do it expect to pay a lot of money. Also make sure you don't cobble two boxes together or they won't be able to insure it because it becomes considered a home made box.

You can just buy the box from the ups store for a lot less than having them package it if all else fails but I would check the other music store options.
Go to your local guitar store. They often throw away boxes, particularly for the cheap strat copies. In the past I have completely wrapped a guitar in bubble wrap and covered it in cardboard and tape. If you do this then be sure to really pad it out with bubble wrap.
Do as other suggested. Try to get a box that will fit the guitar. The guitar should stay solid in place inside the box. Nothing should move in there. After you packed it down, hold it up and shake it to make sure. Also, give the neck proper support on both side. It's the most vulnerable spot.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R