Page 1 of 3
I do already have a Family Guy thread, but that is Family Guy, and I wanted to see how a The Cleveland Show one works out, as I would like to discuss both in different threads.

While I agree that The Cleveland Show isn't the best show in the world, it is still pretty good. I didn't really like the first episode of season 2 though (the newest one from this week).

That being said, here are my favourite Cleveland Show episodes overall:

Season 1 pilot (this is still my favourite)
A Brown Thanksgiving
A Cleveland Brown Christmas
Cleveland's Angels
You're The Best Man, Cleveland Brown

Here is the preview for this Sunday's episode:

Cleveland Live! is the second episode of the second season of the animated television series The Cleveland Show. It is due to air October 3, 2010 on Fox. It will be a "live" episode, parodying the gimmicks of filmed TV series shooting a live episode.

Plot
When Cleveland and Donna attempt to celebrate their anniversary, their unruly kids and disruptive friends, including Donna’s ex-husband, Robert, get in their way.

I don't exactly understand how a "live" cartoon works, if it means that, but yeah...

Do any of you guys like TCS? if so, what are you favourite episodes?
This will start a RIOT! in me
Last edited by Paramore. at Oct 1, 2010,
Quote by JackalUK
It's identical to Family Guy and I don't see the point in it.

Much like this and "The ONLY Family Guy Thread"

BA-ZING!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by JackalUK

+4981834747
Cleaveland himself isnt that funny without the guys from Family guy.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
The Cleveland Show is really pointless, the main character doesn't have a personality that translates well from being a great recurring cast member to the lead role. Cleveland is a great character, don't get me wrong, but he doesn't have that weirdly exciting edge that makes a spin-off really worth it.
Excellent, a thread about how awful the Cleveland Show is and why it needs to go away.

I'll keep my eye on this, just as soon as I'm done flossing my cat.
Is somehow worse than Family Guy.

Somehow.
Quote by silent caution
When i was younger i used to pee in peoples shoes and blame their dog
Oh come on... if you at least like/used to like Family Guy you must at least think that it's okay? that's just my opinion anyway... not trying to start World War 5 here, but The Simpsons never was funny, and nor was Futurama.
Quote by Chylyn
Is somehow worse than Family Guy.

Somehow.

this.

i only laughed once while watching that show. And they keep making reference to Family guy like having characters come in and say "Oh, wrong show", tis annoying
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by Paramore.
Oh come on... if you at least like/used to like Family Guy you must at least think that it's okay? that's just my opinion anyway... not trying to start World War 5 here, but The Simpsons never was funny, and nor was Futurama.

I will find you, and make you pay.

Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
I will find you, and make you pay.

Oh my God LOL you don't have to look far... you really, REALLY don't!
Quote by Paramore.
Oh my God LOL you don't have to look far... you really, REALLY don't!

That's why I'm confident that I'll succeed.

BEWARE.

Quote by GLP_Arclite

But Futurama really isn't that great, I tried watching a few episodes and I never found it funny . It's just like a kids drama, or... something.
Series 1 did seem consistantly a bit better at the beginning. The one where his ex wife, Loretta, dies (back in Quahog) is a funny one though. I believe that is the very last episode of series 1.
Quote by Paramore.
not trying to start World War 5 here, but The Simpsons never was funny, and nor was Futurama.

Yet you find Family Guy and The Cleveland Show to be funny?

Maybe intelligent humor just isn't your thing.

I can deal with Family Guy. It's not the best, but I can watch it from time to time. I can't stand The Cleveland Show though. I watched two episodes just to give it a chance, and it was terrible.
Quote by Paramore.

Quote by Paramore.

But Futurama really isn't that great, I tried watching a few episodes and I never found it funny . It's just like a kids drama, or... something.

This has voided any positive outcomes/effects this thread may have had on the internet and humanity.

Futurama is one of the more intelligent comedies out there, and is nothing at all like a kid's drama. Then again, you do find Family Guy funny.
Found the first episode horrifically bad, but grew to like it after that.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Sheep In The Big City > All
Quote by silent caution
When i was younger i used to pee in peoples shoes and blame their dog
It's exactly the same as family guy and I'm not a fan of that either.

Futurama ftw.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by daytripper75

Yet you find Family Guy and The Cleveland Show to be funny?

Maybe intelligent humor just isn't your thing.

I can deal with Family Guy. It's not the best, but I can watch it from time to time. I can't stand The Cleveland Show though. I watched two episodes just to give it a chance, and it was terrible.

+1 to everything in this post. The first couple seasons of Family Guy were pretty good, but after season 3 or so it started going downhill. Even at its worst, though, I still laughed a few times per episode when I watched once every few weeks. I think, out of the three episodes of The Cleveland Show i watched, I can't remember laughing once.
Quote by Paramore.

YOU SHUT YOUR ***** MOUTH. YOU SHUT IT RIGHT NOW.

Seriously though? Futurama is most definitely not a kids drama. And it's way funnier than all of Seth McFarlane's shows combined.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by Arrived+Dparted
YOU SHUT YOUR ***** MOUTH. YOU SHUT IT RIGHT NOW.

Seriously though? Futurama is most definitely not a kids drama. And it's way funnier than all of Seth McFarlane's shows combined.

I won't do what you tell me.

And if you can state facts, so can I. Futurama is a poor show that is not funny in any way what so ever. Seth McFarlane's shows are a million times better. Futurama is just as bad as The Simpsons. D'oh...
Quote by Paramore.
I won't do what you tell me.

And if you can state facts, so can I. Futurama is a poor show that is not funny in any way what so ever. Seth McFarlane's shows are a million times better. Futurama is just as bad as The Simpsons. D'oh...

I hope you have a flameshield....
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Chylyn
Sheep In The Big City > All

Oh my goooooooooooooooooooooooood I love that show!!

Nostalgia incoming!
I always thought the narrator was on pot or something.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by JackalUK

This..

On another note, Oh boy can't wait for the season premiere of South Park
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
I didnt watch it last week. In season one I though it was meh the first couple and last couple episodes, but the episodes in the middle of the season were funny
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Did anybody watch last nights Cleveland Show? best one of the series thus far
There is some master trolling going on in this thread.

I always found American Dad to be better than Family Guy. FG was awful and jumped up to mediocrity sometimes, whereas American Dad stayed at a consistent level of mediocrity.

Don't you think that Cleveland is the least logical character for a spinoff? Quagmire has more personality than he does. It's an excuse for a bunch of white people to write black people jokes, which are, in reality, even whiter than the white jokes they write, and they already did it in Family Guy anyway. The very idea that someone could have that idea fills my head with lots of ****s. I'd like to say something positive to make this more of a discussion and less of a Cleveland bashing thread, but the truth is Cleveland's worst jokes in FG were funnier than the best ones in his own show. Also, any semblance of a civil discussion were tossed out the window when Futurama was declared worse than Family Guy.
...In my opinion.
The Simpsons up to about season 12 is the funniest show ever. Because the last couple of seasons weren't great people seem to forget that. But still, new Simpsons is better than even old Family Guy.

Oh. The Cleveland Show is the worst thing ever.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
The Simpsons up to about season 12 is the funniest show ever. Because the last couple of seasons weren't great people seem to forget that. But still, new Simpsons is better than even old Family Guy.

Oh. The Cleveland Show is the worst thing ever.

Personally, The Simpsons isn't even funny... I have yet to laugh at just ONE joke from them. I just think of The Simpsons as one of those lame kids cartoons, such as Ed, Edd & Eddy.

The Cleveland Show is decent... nowhere near as good as Family Guy, but it's still decent. Some episodes aren't as good as others with this though.
I stopped watching The Cleveland Show after the first episode.
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

Quote by Paramore.
Personally, The Simpsons isn't even funny... I have yet to laugh at just ONE joke from them. I just think of The Simpsons as one of those lame kids cartoons, such as Ed, Edd & Eddy.

The Cleveland Show is decent... nowhere near as good as Family Guy, but it's still decent. Some episodes aren't as good as others with this though.
Then you clearly know nothing about comedy at all.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Paramore.

I stopped taking you seriously there, Ed, Edd & Eddy lame?
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by element4433
Then you clearly know nothing about comedy at all.

Oh, really? The Simpsons is pathetic... the only thing that I liked that they did was that Hit and Run game for the PS2.
Quote by Paramore.
Oh, really? The Simpsons is pathetic... the only thing that I liked that they did was that Hit and Run game for the PS2.
Lulz.

This is quite possibly the stupidest post ever. Like in the history of the internet.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by Paramore.

I've seen every episode of Futurama at least 10 times. What are you trying to say about me?

And I really think Seth MacFarlane has too many shows. Family Guy is great, American Dad is all right, but I don't like the Cleveland Show for some reason. I liked it when Cleveland was that overly-passive, slow-talking black dude. Now it's like they're trying to turn him into George Jefferson or something.
Quote by Paramore.

I hate you.

AND you don't like Ed, Edd, & Eddy? I now know we could never, ever be friends.
Last edited by CaptDin at Oct 11, 2010,
Page 1 of 3