Poll: where should idraw the line. which patch cables should i buy?
Poll Options
View poll results: where should idraw the line. which patch cables should i buy?
Monster and spend $18-$20 a pop
2 33%
George L's and spend $15-$16 a piece
0 0%
Dimarzio and spend $11-$13 per cable
0 0%
Planet waves and be cheap at $5 per unit
4 67%
Voters: 6.
which shoud i buy!?!?!?!?!?

1. Monster Rock 9" Cables - guarenteed for life, and very reliable, easy to exchange. $17-20/each when buying three.

2. George L's Kit. average 2' with provided cable, variable lengths possible- have to assemble, good quality, not quite as durable as monster, must assemble. $15-16/each, when buying five.

3. Dimarzio 6" or 12". no guarentee higher quality than the planet waves below, braided outer, i don't know how they compare to George L's. $11-13 respectedly.

4. Planet Waves "Classic Series" 6" guarenteed for life, are defenitely cheaper and lower quality, than the others. $5 when buying three.

so where should i draw the line.

i have cheaper ones and i have monsters.

one thought is maybe i shoud get three monsters, and only three, so that my main board would have all monsters, then buy cheaper cables for my other rigs. if i did that, and i was gigging with one of my other pedal boards, i could just swap the cables out for the gig and put them back.

one thought is maybe i should just get cheapies, so i can get more of them, and that they would be fine for most uses.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I just bought a whole load of new ClearTones from AWARD Session, and would HIGHLY recommend them over any of your choices if you can get them in the US.
Quote by Wesbanez
I just bought a whole load of new ClearTones from AWARD Session, and would HIGHLY recommend them over any of your choices if you can get them in the US.

how much cash? if its more than or close to $17 a pop, i would prefer Monsters, they work great for me. i have tried other cables and like them, but if a monster fails, i can swap it at way more places than other cables, and also i would not have to ship it anywhere for a replacent. i have two shops within 10 miles that carry monster, so it wouldn't be a big deal.

i don't know, i really want the monsters, i just don't know how much i want to spend, or how many i should get.

i realize that none of you could tell me how much i want to spend, but i am just trying to figure out at which point i should stop spending more money.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
All I use is PW cables. I have the higher quality ones with gold-tipped ends but I would think that all of their cables are built well, even the cheaper ones.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
Quote by DroptuneD
All I use is PW cables. I have the higher quality ones with gold-tipped ends but I would think that all of their cables are built well, even the cheaper ones.

are you talking about these? http://www.music123.com/Accessories/Cables--Snakes/Instrument-Cables/Custom-Series-1-4-Patch-Cable.site7prod620588.product

for $13 or $15 they may be better than the dimarzios i have on the post.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Yes those ones. I have a 10' and a 20'. I'm going to buy more short ones for pedals too.
Quote by DroptuneD
Yes those ones. I have a 10' and a 20'. I'm going to buy more short ones for pedals too.

they may be a good option, but what bugs me is that for $5 more i could have monsters.

it just frusterates me that i dont know how much i want to spend.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Planet Waves is a well known and respected brand as well. Why spend the extra just for the Monster name?
I don't know how it is there in the US, but here in Europe it's a lot cheaper to make quality cable yourself. I could even use shielded instrument cable and it would still be cheaper than buying patch cables.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Kanthras
I don't know how it is there in the US, but here in Europe it's a lot cheaper to make quality cable yourself. I could even use shielded instrument cable and it would still be cheaper than buying patch cables.

that is what the george l's kit is basically. i stated the cost per cable, when the whole kit comes with enough parts for 5 cables. its not a whole lot cheaper.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
that is what the george l's kit is basically. i stated the cost per cable, when the whole kit comes with enough parts for 5 cables. its not a whole lot cheaper.
That's a kit with some famous dude's name on it. I'm pretty sure you can get cable and jacks separately for much cheaper.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by DroptuneD
Planet Waves is a well known and respected brand as well. Why spend the extra just for the Monster name?

there is a quality difference. they are at a totally different level and price point. that is just like comparing a cheap ibanez ts7 tone lock to a ts9 with true bypass. they are in a different range of both quality and price. they aren't supposed to be the same. maybe planet waves does have one in the same price bracket, but that cable certainly is not.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Planet Waves are high quality as well....also guaranteed for life. I can vouch for their quality, I've had mine for 4 years and they work just like the day I bought them. Sounds like your sold on Monster already, so just go buy them.
just buy your own cable and connectors and solder them yourself. the solderless ones are less reliable
Quote by DroptuneD
Planet Waves are high quality as well....also guaranteed for life. I can vouch for their quality, I've had mine for 4 years and they work just like the day I bought them. Sounds like your sold on Monster already, so just go buy them.

you are completely not getting what i am saying.

those planet waves are intended to sell at a lower price point, probably the same pricepoint as Monster's S100 series. the quality of cables in that range are not comparble to quality in the higher price range. its just like MIM vs. MIJ and MIA fenders. they just don't compare, because they aren't supposed to.

the cable i would place over the dimarzios on my list, and i know they are decent cables. i have used planet waves cables before playing with other guitarists, and they do me fine.

i guess maybe i have decided i need to go cheap cheap, or go for the monsters. the more i think about it, the $5 difference between the Planet Waves cable and the Monster isn't a big enough of a deal to not get monster. i can spare an additional $15 on three cables to get premium quality.

so is it the $5 cables or the $17-20?

thats what i am debating now. the votes are equal between them too... lol.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by adambauman31
just buy your own cable and connectors and solder them yourself. the solderless ones are less reliable

from where? i am interested if it is the right price, and have good soldering skills.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by adambauman31
just buy your own cable and connectors and solder them yourself.
Exactly. You can get cables of Monster quality with the Planet Waves price.

^ Radio Shack maybe?
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by trashedlostfdup
how much cash? if its more than or close to $17 a pop, i would prefer Monsters...

Heres the page, I don't think they have any US distributors so probably out of your price range if you consider shipping and handling.

If you do fancy trying out some boutique top quality cables though, these are the ones. The list of touring musicians who swear by them is endless...
I just replaced all my monster cables with cheaper GuitarFetish cables (4 20ft cables and 6 patch cables came to $50 with shipping) and my rig sounds LOADS better.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by SLonergan
I just replaced all my monster cables with cheaper GuitarFetish cables (4 20ft cables and 6 patch cables came to $50 with shipping) and my rig sounds LOADS better.

i willl look into GFS. good idea. how much was shipping?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!