Morning UG.

I am very interested in the Krankenstein+ head. I've played it once and I liked the tone I got from it better than the tone of my 5150 2x12. Thing is, I can't seem to find a dealer in Canada, and I am incapable of purchasing online. I've posted about this head before but got very little replies. I'm just wondering if anyone has HANDS ON experience with this amp. Can you speak on the reliability of it? What are your opinions of this amp being used for death metal? Is it well suited for tight, chunky rhythm playing? Or is it a more lead oriented amp, or both?

Thanks for any replies,

Steve
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
They are good for death metal and both lead and rhythm, but I found the gain extremely fizzy. We had a local Krank dealer here in Canada, but they stopped carrying them.
Also, you are going to pay an arm and a leg for that amp up here. Much more than they are worth.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Yea, I was hoping I could find one locally but no dice so far. I just didn't wanna be like EVERY local band around here and have either a 6505 or a rectifier
One thing I will say about Krank is that when you spend a lot of time with it, you can get some stupid good tone, and very definitive tone. Like Van Noord says though, you pay a lot of money for something that, if you don't know how to handle, is going to screw you. If you're interested in a very individual tone (These amps have an odd quality to them i haven't really heard in another amp. Some people love the tone, some people really don't) and you're gunna spend lots of time with it, go for it.

As far as being suited for leads or rhythm? it handles both exceptionally well in my opinion, when you put the time in it. It's not slated to one. They are built like tanks and I never had ANY issues with mine.

I'm in Canada too, but I got mine through an endorsement deal, so I have no idea where you can pick one up. Where are you in Canada? I'm in Windsor Ontario, so I just had mine shipped form detroit.
I live in Windsor too! What a coincidence. Do you still play locally?
Quote by Shabadoo
Is there not an Axe Music near you?

Not that I know of. I know there's one in Calgary and Edmonton lol but that's kinda far.
Quote by DroptuneD
Not that I know of. I know there's one in Calgary and Edmonton lol but that's kinda far.

Ah, for some reason I thought they had stores canada wide. Never the less, the do carry Krank and will give you free shipping on $200+ orders from their online shop.
Quote by I Like Me.
One thing I will say about Krank is that when you spend a lot of time with it, you can get some stupid good tone, and very definitive tone. Like Van Noord says though, you pay a lot of money for something that, if you don't know how to handle, is going to screw you. If you're interested in a very individual tone (These amps have an odd quality to them i haven't really heard in another amp. Some people love the tone, some people really don't) and you're gunna spend lots of time with it, go for it.

As far as being suited for leads or rhythm? it handles both exceptionally well in my opinion, when you put the time in it. It's not slated to one. They are built like tanks and I never had ANY issues with mine.

I'm in Canada too, but I got mine through an endorsement deal, so I have no idea where you can pick one up. Where are you in Canada? I'm in Windsor Ontario, so I just had mine shipped form detroit.
Good info, is there anyway you can find a contact for DropTuneD so that he can possibley work on tracking the amp down?

I personnaly like the Revolution 1 that I played. So also consider one of those.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Will check out the rev 1 as well. Unfortunately I won't be able to play it unless I find someone who has one