What I want to do is assign different keys of my keyboard midi controller to the different drum sounds (they are organized in numbers) in Guitar Pro. And since I'm not really at good defining rhythms, I thought I would just play the sequence I want in my keyboard and have it instantly tabbed out as midi in Guitar Pro. They apply something like Drums From Hell and have a great sound.

Is that possible? If yes, how do I do it?
Last edited by symba05 at Oct 1, 2010,
I'm fairly certain that can't be done, but depending on your DAW it might be possible.
you played us

as both a cancer and a cure
Squier Tele Custom
Laney TF300
Quote by Deadlock Riff
no, i tried it. guitarpro just doesn't allow you.

That's cause it doesn't have a M.I.D.I sequencer, it's just a tablature/score program.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by Necrolust
That's cause it doesn't have a M.I.D.I sequencer, it's just a tablature/score program.

Meh leave my poor grammar/thought process alone, I'm tired. I know why but i worded my post wrong.

but aparently there is a 3rd party patch that allows you to do this but where it is I haven't pinpointed.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by Casketcreep
Get something along the lines of Reason or Cubase.

Or finale, that works as well. Finale also has a much better writing UI. But its tablature writing isn't the best, but then again, its more geared towards classical writing.
Last edited by nmitchell076 at Oct 1, 2010,