So i currently have the Randall G2 75W Combo with reverb.

Its an awesome amp, i've used it for everything in the past 5 years.

Now, i was thinking of a new addition. I'm looking for something relatively cheap and powerful.

It must have an fx loop, cause i'm thinking of using the univibe and delay in stereo.
Can be valve or solid-state (but was considering valve more, for that different tone)

Not sure if i should go with head or combo, i'm open to all suggestions.

Thanks guys
Line 6 spider 2 HD 75w

(i also have a Laney cab equipped with celestions with this head)

Awesome, it has all the FX you really need and its easily enough to power small to medium sized gig's. It does have a delay dial and you can use the tap tempo button to control the delay as much as you want
But i heard line6 don't get that good reviews..

Idk. And i want more power I was thinking of just buying a cab to add to the randall, as it has 2 external speaker outputs, one 100w and one 200w. But i still want that stereo sound........

Thanks
Quote by toomanyguitarss
But i heard line6 don't get that good reviews..

Idk. And i want more power I was thinking of just buying a cab to add to the randall, as it has 2 external speaker outputs, one 100w and one 200w. But i still want that stereo sound........

Thanks

Spiders (not spider valves) get bad reviews. Other than that Line 6 make great products.
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
I dont know why that is i have had my spider 2 for a while now and it hasnt let me down its awesomo!!
If you're serious about guitar to the point of wanting to sound the absolute best you can...do not get a line 6. If you want a good amp that you will not want to replace, you're probably going to have to spend some money on it.
Quote by SilverRock113
instead of line 6, look at peavey vypyrs

6505+ FTW!!!

You might want to invest a tube amp. "Good tone" from a solid state is like a tube amp on a really really bad day. I could get more graphic with that analogy, but ill keep it simple.

Just a suggestion. I played solid state amps for 6 years before i ever played through a tube (which wasn't even high gain!) the difference was incredible.
Last edited by Drew McMeans at Oct 6, 2010,