Searched a little bit on here and didn't quite find what I was looking for.

Right now I am boosting my leads with my Morley Tremonti Power Wah but it really thins out my sound.

I tried a few OD pedals (TS-9, TS808, Jekyll & Hyde) and they weren't giving me what I was looking for.

I need a volume boost that will put me just over the rest of the mix.

I saw pedals like the MXR Microamp - not sure how good this is because the reviews I have read are scattered.

What do you guys use to help with this?

Thanks in advance!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Gibson Les Paul Studio - Gem Series
-ESP Eclipse II Standard
-ESP Horizon FR II Standard
-Marshall TSL 602
-Peavey 6505+
-Mesa 2x12 Rectifer Cab
What you need is the Custom Audio Electronics boost/linedriver!
It's a simple pedal with only a dB-knob. Put it in your effects loop and it boosts your overall volume without any tone loss or extra distortion (think of it as a second master volume)
An OD (set as a boost) in the loop will do what you want. Chances are the pedals used as boosts you tried werent working because you had them in front of the amp. A boost in front will give you a slightly thicker tone and a little more gain by boosting into the preamp, but in the loop it will boost the signal level after the preamp, so you'll get more volume.
Quote by EyeHatePunks
What you need is the Custom Audio Electronics boost/linedriver!
It's a simple pedal with only a dB-knob. Put it in your effects loop and it boosts your overall volume without any tone loss or extra distortion (think of it as a second master volume)

lol my local guitar center guy actually recommended this and i dismissed it immediately bc it was a GC worker who said it - now maybe I owe the guy an apology haha.

I will check this out.

And Littlephil - I was using it in front of the amp. I will also try it out in the FX loop and see what works best between the two.

Thank you both.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-ESP Eclipse II Standard
-Marshall TSL 602
-Peavey 6505+
-Mesa 2x12 Rectifer Cab
The CAE would be good. Maybe a Fulltone Fatboost.
Don't put a normal overdrive pedal in the loop - they're not transparent enough, and will **** your sound right up. I tested this myself, and my sound became unbelievably compressed.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Awesome thank you - going to check it this weekend.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-ESP Eclipse II Standard
-Marshall TSL 602
-Peavey 6505+
-Mesa 2x12 Rectifer Cab
Lizard Leg Effects flying dragon boost.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
An EHX Lpb-1 would work well.....
Quote by forsaknazrael
What was lacking about the previous overdrives/boosts you tried?
You need to pin down exactly what it is that your sound needs to take it to the next level.
then we can help you.

Someone had mentioned for a boost the OD pedal should go in the fx loop - the ones I had tried I ran through the front of the amp. It shaped/tightened my sound up but did not give me any extra volume boost.

All I am looking for is a clean db/volume boost to make my leads stand out - similar to how the Mesa Roadster (maybe its all Mesa's but I know this one has it for a fact) has a built in volume boost switch for leads. All it does is add like 3 or 6 db to cut through (don't quote me on the #s).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-ESP Eclipse II Standard
-Marshall TSL 602
-Peavey 6505+
-Mesa 2x12 Rectifer Cab
I put my boosts in front of my amp, I never have problems getting more volume.

but a lot of people do report this sort of behavior. And subsequently run it into their loop.

Clean boost, the Xotic RC Booster is good, I think the MicroAMP is good too.

BTW, what does your username stand for? Why did you choose Azrael? Just wondering.
Yea I have a list of boosters now I am going to try out tomorrow - want to start using them in my rig to get ready for the show we have coming up.

I've been using Azrael for all my tags - started with Halo back in college. Nothing like the angel of death as a gamer tag (for those who know what/who Azrael is).

Also used to play warhammer 40k and played dark angels - Azrael was their commander.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-ESP Eclipse II Standard
-Marshall TSL 602
-Peavey 6505+
-Mesa 2x12 Rectifer Cab
Quote by forsaknazrael
gotcha, let us know how it works how.

Oh, okay. I have a feeling I asked you that before, then, haha. Mine was a comic book character, served as the executioner/enforcer for a religious organization haha.

hehe yea I've scene the comic but never had a chance to read it - any good?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-ESP Eclipse II Standard
-Marshall TSL 602
-Peavey 6505+
-Mesa 2x12 Rectifer Cab
Lol interesting but I will check it out.

I will also post back tomorrow night after I try out some of the pedals - give a review on em.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-ESP Eclipse II Standard
-Marshall TSL 602
-Peavey 6505+
-Mesa 2x12 Rectifer Cab