Page 1 of 2
I have to provide music for my brother's party. He's 13. I have absolutely no clue what kids that age listen to at parties....I'm gona guess it's not trance so I have nothing really.

Any help / ideas for compilations or anything that I can just quickly get off itunes or amazon or something? Preferably minimal effort for this one haha!

Serious answers appreciated!
I Cum Blood

Edit: If it's for your brother, just ask him what sort of music he listens to, to give you some kind of an idea.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Last edited by BeefWellington at Oct 1, 2010,
Anything by Cannibal Corpse.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by BeefWellington
I Cum Blood

Exactly what I was gonna say!

But umm, ask him?
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
What kind of party is it? Some parties have the obnoxious Lady Gaga dance music. Some parties play more 80's pop.
It depends, if he likes mainstream music get that stuff, it's better to ask him what he likes and what he wants at the party. No use playing ke$ha if he likes machine head and theres no use playing machine head if he likes ke$ha
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
How about some of the Now! compilations? No idea what one they are on now, and I know it's mostly tacky pop but assuming he's a normal 13 year old it should be ok.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Master of Puppets, followed by Creeping Death, over and over again, til every one starts head banging... then the jonas brothers
Dom, look... I Caught a PWOPER fish
Pop stuff and RnB stuff.. Mostly Lady BitCha, Jay-Z and whatnot.. When they're in full party mode ready to blast some real music throw in some Bieber..I'm serial.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Im 15 so going on personal experiance (unfortunate but true!) the majority or teenage partyish music contains Lady Gaga, Ke$ha and other mainstream kind of music (i use the term MUSIC lightly)...I dont really know what he listens to, but bands like Mumford and Sons are 'in' atm, as well as McFly etc...

You may just want to get the latest 'Now' album. (or the local equivalent!)...they have a collection of all of the latest chart tracks, which is probably the safest bet...

If it where me i would hate you for that decision, but the majority of the teenage community would disagree! Just go with whats in the charts...
And Im glad most people are agreeing with the dislike of pop music!! Haha! Love this site...

If your feeling bored throw on some Bieber, any girls will faint, any boys will scream....ammusment all around.
Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. Kids these days go apeshit for Pakistani worship music.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by StarsFallForMJ
And Im glad most people are agreeing with the dislike of pop music!! Haha! Love this site...

If your feeling bored throw on some Bieber, any girls will faint, any boys will scream....ammusment all around.

Congratulations, you've just joined the group of close minded idiots...

Anyhoo,
As said previously, ask your brother what he likes, and if thats out of the question, just make sure you keep a nice mix of music going. Maybe some light club music, Ke$ha, Gaga ect, then throw in some dance/disco/pop from the 70's and 80's. Some famous rock things, Queen, for example. Just try and cater for a wide variety of music tastes and styles, you get the idea
Quote by StarsFallForMJ

You are right, metal is the best music ever and the people who listen to other music are fools.

I think you belong in the metal forum instead of the pit.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Whatever's on the radio. I'm not kidding, I've DJ'd bar mitzvahs before and if you just go through a few months of Top 40 playlists you'll do fine. Just make sure you pay attention to what's playing and get clean versions if there are going to be adults.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by Necrolust
Pop stuff and RnB stuff.. Mostly Lady BitCha, Jay-Z and whatnot.. When they're in full party mode ready to blast some real music throw in some Bieber..I'm serial.

Quote by StarsFallForMJ

mainstream kind of music (i use the term MUSIC lightly)

If I had my way, people like you morons would be permabanned.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Last edited by asator at Oct 1, 2010,
If all you have is trance, just call the party a '90s theme party' and get everyone to dress accordingly.

Problem solved.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Oct 1, 2010,
Quote by asator
If I had my way, people like you morons would be permabanned.

Sorry for upsetting anyone! Gosh, I just dont like whats in the charts these days!....Does not mean that you cant! Just because I dont like it, it doesnt mean I look down on anybody else for liking mainstream music...I have my opinions!

Certain types of music (Gaga/Ke$ha etc) makes my head pound and my insides flip....i prefer to avoid those sensations!
Meshuggah
Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. Kids these days go apeshit for Pakistani worship music.

This guy knows
Quote by StarsFallForMJ
Sorry for upsetting anyone! Gosh, I just dont like whats in the charts these days!....Does not mean that you cant! Just because I dont like it, it doesnt mean I look down on anybody else for liking mainstream music...I have my opinions!

Certain types of music (Gaga/Ke$ha etc) makes my head pound and my insides flip....i prefer to avoid those sensations!

Don't use "opinions" as your argument this time.

You just got done disrespecting a lot of people's opinions.
Quote by StarsFallForMJ

**** off, people are just pointing out what they think the 13 year olds will want, and how that isn't necessarily what they would have for their own party. You can't even pull off being a elitist, you just seem like an idiot.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
lounge music man. Seriously. Everyone can party to some nice relaxing lounge music.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Yeah sure ask the pit for music for a kids party...

Basically as useful as letting Fritzl run a daycare center
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
Dum djdasjdsajdjd sdjsadjasjd djsad sjdsajd, dum dsjadjsajsa djsajjdda jdsajdjsa jdsajdsa jdsadjsa jerda dum diddy dum diddy dadsads sjjsfsafsa jafs asjjs sdj OOOOOOOH MACERENA!

But in all seriousness, ask him. But try some Rock stuff.
This will start a RIOT! in me
Quote by Fiddly Diddly69
It depends, if he likes mainstream music get that stuff, it's better to ask him what he likes and what he wants at the party. No use playing ke$ha if he likes machine head and theres no use playing machine head if he likes ke$ha

Wait is her name really spelled with a dollar sign?
Quote by guylee
Wait is her name really spelled with a dollar sign?

Yup.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Page 1 of 2