This is my first post so im new to this but i am having an extremely hard time choosing between a Dimarzio X2N or a Seymour Duncan Ahb3 Mick thomson signature(I am NOT a slipknot fanboy but the pickup seems to be the shit). I have enough money for either of them and i play thrash/southern metal and i would really like to know the pro's and con's of each so if you guys can help that would be great!
Well the Ahb set are actives so youn would need room in your electrical compartment for a battery. The X2N is pretty brutal but in terms of heavy passives I prefer the D-Activator to almost anything. Check our Bareknuckle pickups too, the nailbomb or the warpig are great metal p/u's.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
You want to play leads or rhythm ?
blackouts great for rhythm,they give a bassy emg 60 kind of sound
x2n has a more defined output better suited for death metal and shred.

The rest is upto your setup and how you play.
Quote by munky2089
You want to play leads or rhythm ?
blackouts great for rhythm,they give a bassy emg 60 kind of sound
x2n has a more defined output better suited for death metal and shred.

The rest is upto your setup and how you play.

I play a mix of both. It really depends on which guitarist in my band comes up with what. Im more of a lead player than a rythm but i do both equally. Its mainly thrash i play though...
Quote by DroptuneD
Well the Ahb set are actives so youn would need room in your electrical compartment for a battery. The X2N is pretty brutal but in terms of heavy passives I prefer the D-Activator to almost anything. Check our Bareknuckle pickups too, the nailbomb or the warpig are great metal p/u's.

i have plenty of room for a battery and all that stuff but ill looka at the bareknuckle pickups as well