I have a bad preamp tube in my Bugera 1990. I'm looking for suggestions for replacing all 3 of them (ECC83's).

I play pretty much rock to metal. Grunge to Metalcore. I like gain.

I was considering JJ ECC83S High Gain ones from dougs tubes?

Does anyone else have any recommendations for my situation?

Thanks!
DS
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
When you get right down to it, there's only 3 different 12ax7/ECC83 options out there - Chinese/Shuguang, Russian/Reflektor and Slovakian/JJ. Everything else is just minor model variations and re-branding.

For sheer ruggedness, I like the Sovtek 12AX7WA which is a Reflektor tube. It won't win any awards for tone, but it's tough. It doesn't work in cathode follower slots though - use a Sovtek 12ax7LP for that. This is the standard tube compliment for a lot of amps from the factory because it minimizes the chance the amp will blow a tube on the showroom floor.

In terms of sound, I personally like the 9th gen Shuguang tubes, although you need to get someone to screen them for microphonics for you. But overall I think they're the best sounding for nearly all clean and gain applications at the moment.

Personally I don't like the way the JJs sound - very dark. Reliability has been all over the map with them too. Bob @ Eurotubes is a good guy, but that's not enough to get me to like the tubes.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
I don't mind dark at all. What about the Tung Sol 12ax7 reissues? They're described by dougs tubes as high gain as well, made at the Reflektor plant. I do have my eye on the 9th gen Shuguang too.

What would you guys suggest for each position V1,V2, and V3? I don't have a ton of experience with tubes, but I figure if I'm swapping them out I may as well experiment and do it right.
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
Quote by Death-Speak
I don't mind dark at all. What about the Tung Sol 12ax7 reissues? They're described by dougs tubes as high gain as well, made at the Reflektor plant. I do have my eye on the 9th gen Shuguang too.

Basically they're just the EH 12ax7 with different labeling. Few if any differences.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.