That80sGuy
20 IQ
I'm pretty sure to tune down 1 half step you can put the capo on the first fret and tune your guitar to standard tuning. (Correct me if I'm wrong!) My question is to tune down 2 half steps, would I just put the capo on the second fret and tune to standard tuning? Thanks!
Dimefromhell12
UG's dyslexic tab reader
20 IQ
um... you mean like open standard tuning of standard when the capo is on? and why dont you just google "d standard guitar tuner?"
Quote by Don't Stop
Put a piece of tape on the headstock and write "Gibson" on it.
If done properly, this should quadruple your sustain.

Quote by pitobodies
That post is probably the deepest, wisest, most mature thing to ever spill forth from the Pit.

Metallica!!
Maiden!!
A7X!!
crzysnowborder
Lemons can be dangerous
20 IQ
why would you tune your guitar down a whole step and put a capo on to be in standard? why not just tune to standard and play? unless you're playing one song in standard and another song a whole step down.

but yes, if you tuned your guitar a whole step down, you could put a capo on the second fret and be in standard.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
dakotajoe
slow and low
20 IQ
If you tune down two whole steps then the capo needs to be on the third fret.
I do sure love me them Gibsons boy
whybag
10 IQ
Quote by dakotajoe
If you tune down two whole steps then the capo needs to be on the third fret.

2 halves, not 2 wholes.
tom183
40 IQ
A capo is an unneccessary part of the process. Just grab a tuner and tune your guitar to DGCFAD.
patticake
Acoustic Goddess
200 IQ
so basically you want your guitar in standard tuning, but using a capo instead of open? i, too, am curious why you would do that.

Quote by That80sGuy
I'm pretty sure to tune down 1 half step you can put the capo on the first fret and tune your guitar to standard tuning. (Correct me if I'm wrong!) My question is to tune down 2 half steps, would I just put the capo on the second fret and tune to standard tuning? Thanks!
Sampy
51 IQ
Quote by patticake
so basically you want your guitar in standard tuning, but using a capo instead of open? i, too, am curious why you would do that.

I do this sometimes. If I want to play a song a tone down then play one in standard then I'll just capo it. Saves having to tune it up and down all the time, especially at gigs.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
OctoberWind
State Farm is Sam
30 IQ
OP doesn't know that two halves equals a whole. We're all confusing him.

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew