like i want a hi hat doing 4/4 beats but i want the other parts doing other types of rythms. how can i do this? thanks
you cant do polymeter with guitar pro 5, as far as I know

Since I play guitar I have the guitars in proper time signature, then the drums look quite a mess, but it still works out

EDIT if ur talking about polyrhythms with just the drums I can't help you

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
Yeah, don't know about GP6, but in 5.2 there's no way to have tracks in the same place being in different time signatures. So you'll have to either a) have your drum track in one time sig for the first rhythm pattern and work the second one around it or b) make a time sig out of the lowest common multiple! =P
lol i think i didn't explain my question too well. it's much simpler than that. what i mean is when i have the hi hat doing a beat on each count, i try to give the snare (for example) 1/8 ths notes, but the hihat rythm just sticks to the first 4 1/8 ths....
sorry my english sucks.. :/
just write out a bar of snare 8th notes, and put a hi-hat note on top of every second one, starting with the first.
The best way to do it is to write your rhythm (for example, in 7/8) and then use the second voice to write your simple 4/4 high hat. You'll have to write it in 7/8 (or whatever rhythm you're using) so just makre sure it's spaced out, like for 7/8:

|x---x---x---x-----x---x---x---|
|------------------------------|
|------------------------------|
|1 & 2 & 3 & 4 | 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 |

The x obviously being a high-hat playing in 4/4 over 7/8, with whatever else you want in 7/8 below it. On the same bar where you find note durations, you'll find the options to edit either voice 1 or voice 2. Just put the high hat alone on voice 2 to keep it separate from whatever you're doing in 7/8 on voice 1.

Assuming that's what you meant...
Quote by Instrumetal
just write out a bar of snare 8th notes, and put a hi-hat note on top of every second one, starting with the first.

aaah thanks!! im so dumb