So, my want to mod a guitar has overcome my want for a Gibson SG.
And I've been wanting a tele for a while, sooooo....

Tele

I'm buying this one!!!
It's got decent specs for the $200 I'm paying for it, but I'm still wanting to do a few customizations to it. So, the things I'm going to ask are...

Pickups? I've never tried dimarzios, and I've heard they're pretty good, but what about on a tele? Anyone got ideas for different pickups?

Pickguard? I'm not a big fan of tortoise shell, so I'm thinking about a cream colored one. Opinions?

String through bridge? I have no idea what this means. Should I drill some holes in it and make it string through body?

Pots? Should I go with generic Fender replacement pots, or are there better pots I can get?

Price range is about $220. I plan to use it for blues, country, rock, etc. Pretty much anything but metal and acoustic (obviously)
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
Bleach, OP, Naruto, GE, Rosario+Vampire, Soul Eater, Kyou Kara Ore Wa, Kimi No Iru Machi, HSD Kenichi, and many more!!!
For pickups, DiMarzio's will sound pretty much the same as on everything else. I actually suggest that you get a set of Bareknuckle or IronGear pickups. Bareknuckle are great quality, but a nice set would cost you about £150. IronGears would probably cost around £50 a set.

For pickguard, Cream wouldn't look too nice IMO. Try black or crimson.

They already have string though bodies anyway don't they?

Any pots you get should sound good. Go for Fender if you want good quality.

Sorry about the UK sterling prices, Just halve it and add the original price.
I've heard good things about bareknuckle pickups, but I've never really looked at them. I'll check them out.

Hmmm... crimson would probably be awesome. I'll check into that too, lol

About that... the listing says that it doesn't, but that really confused me. Unless this is a completely custom tele it should have a string through, but I can only go on what the poster has said now, as I have yet to actually receive the guitar.

Cool, that's what I thought.

lol, it's okay. I've come to expect either of them for pricing on this site.
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
Bleach, OP, Naruto, GE, Rosario+Vampire, Soul Eater, Kyou Kara Ore Wa, Kimi No Iru Machi, HSD Kenichi, and many more!!!
Some of the DIY telecaster kits have string through bridges and not string though bodies. Probably would explain why this one hasn't either.

I can give a thumbs up for Irongear pickups. Amazing value. Kent Armstrong pickups are also ace, but a bit pricier.
Ah, I see. I'll probably just leave it along then. I can do electronic stuff just fine, but I'm at a loss when it comes to the simplest of woodworking.

Wow, the IronGear Classics sound amazing.
I see it's in the UK, so do they ship to the US?
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!