The fretboard on my Walden D2040 seems to be drying out pretty fast. I got the fretboard cleaned and oiled when I brought it to a local guitar shop to get it set up, and now, about a month later, the fretboard looks like it's drying out already. What can I do to prevent the wood from drying out? Should i oil it some more, and what product can i use to oil it?

Some additional info:
-I know your only supposed to oil fretboards once or so per year, otherwise the wood will get soft.
-The fretboard was oiled about a month ago.
-the bottom of the fretboard, from the 15th fret to the sound hole, is turning a lighter brown, and looks kind of grayish, like there's a layer of dust on it. i don't think it's dust, because i keep the guitar in a hard case if i'm not playing it.
-This is my guitar:http://www.waldenguitars.com/D2040.html it's my baby
-fretboard's made of solid rosewood
Well you could try some lemon oil again. Are you in a really dry climate or are there any environmental factors that could explain it?
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
if your fretboard is drying out that fast, i'd say you have bigger problems - namely that your guitar is being exposed to too much dryness or that the local store doesn't know what they're doing, but it's not rocket science and they should have used an appropriate product. i expect the dust, as you call it, is dried residue from whatever they used.

i have several rosewood fretboards here and have no such issues.

how long have you had the guitar?
Thanks for the responses guys, and sorry for taking forever to get back to you. I've had the guitar for a few months, I got it between four or five months ago during a vacation in Vermont and upstate new york. I live in Northeastern connecticut, so it really hasn't been exposed to a dry environment. It's been incredibly humid all summer, and september was slightly humid. It's not humid in the house, but it's not dry either.

I would oil it again, and whenever needed, but i've been kind of hesitant to because i heard excessive oiling can soften the fretboard.
excessive oiling CAN soften the fretboard, but unless the air is dry, there's nothing to make the fretboard dry. are you using a hygrometer? your house could be much dryer than you think as inside our dwellings is not always the same as the outside humidity. when it was 10% humidity outside here a couple weeks ago, inside our apartment it was 35% to 40%.
i have some old weather meters hanging on a wall in my room, the humidity meter is reading between 60-70% percent. Granted, in New England at this time the temperatures and humidity are fluctuating, but whenever i look at the meter it's never below 60%. Granted, the thing is old and pretty beat up so I don't know how accurate it is. But it has at least let me know that the humidity in my house, or in my room at least, is stable. Anyhow, I'm gonna pop the humidifier in the guitar and hope that does the trick.

And can you recommend any products for restoring that rich, delicious, chocolatey luster of a rosewood fretboard? I can throw up some pics tomorrow if you want to see the extent of the drying.
if you think your house is 60% or higher, i surely wouldn't use a humidifier. 40% to 60% is the safest range for humidity - more or less isn't so good for your guitar. perhaps your fretboard isn't drying - perhaps it was dyed or dark colored wax was used on it at the factory.

perhaps you should test those hygrometers. my husband has one built into a case that never goes above 50% or below 41% regardless of the actual humidity in the house, which isn't useful at all.
I have tried Fret Doctor and recommend it - a little goes a long way. The ebony on my 73 Martin D-35 was starting to look a bit uneven and brought the black color right back.

http://www.beafifer.com/
From all the oils you've tossed on the fb, it may be in a bad condition. Can you take a picture of it?
Hydroxic acid, kills thousands of people every year. Studies have shown lakes and rivers all over North America contain high levels hydroxic acid. Currently governments have taken no action against this life threatening chemical.