After a massive debate with myself about which chorus to get (and a large "which chorus?" thread which I bumped way too much for what it was ) I finally decided which chorus to get. So I ordered it on Tuesday, arrived some time this morning.

Anyway, the minute I saw the small box sitting on the sofa (very tactful positioning from my mother...) my face lit up and I set up my Cornford Roadhouse 30 to get some chorus going!

Anyway, I'm sure you're not here for my rambling, so pics!

Nice packaging, simple, easily recyclable, good start so far, keepin' it green!

The actual thing. Looks pretty nice, has a bit of "90s office" in it's colour scheme, but other than that it seems pretty good!

A bit of a close up. These pictures are pretty bad as they're from my phone, so nothing amazing, but better than nothing!

Anyway, you can't listen to pictures!
So here's a quick, sloppy, badly lit, initial test of this pedal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0Rbyynr3ro
Enjoy!

Now, for a small review on it to keep this open and stuff.

I've only played it a short while, probably about half an hour all in all. But so far it seems pretty versatile!
Can get a nice subtle chorus, or a really overbearing John Scofield kinda thing going on! Which is good.
It hits every chorus sound I need on a quick run through of the chorus sounds I go for, so that's good so far.
The looks aren't the best, but who's going to be looking for my chorus pedal at a gig?
One complaint is that the screws to get to the battery clip are like...very shallow, so you need a fairly blunt screwdriver...which I don't have.
Luckily I have a single unit power supply that I won't be using (til I get a one spot or osmething at least to power all my pedals) so I can get this in use without any hassle.

But yeah, seems a pretty good buy!
I'm just annoyed that right now I'm limited to only one chorus pedal! I might buy a Dano Cool Cat Chorus if I have a spare £35 so I can get both a light and a heavy chorus sound at any time.
Nice! HNPD!
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
nice, glad you like it. Yeah the colour scheme is rubbish, but for the price you're not going to complain. EDIT: nice clip, that sounds pretty nice. I found (for the type of tone I like anyway) that there was a definite sweet spot with one of the knobs around 10 o'clock and the other around 2 o'clock (i forget which is which, and cba going downstairs to check, I'll check later if i remember ).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 1, 2010,
I assume if you're going right to left it'll be rate on 10 o'clock, depth on 2 o'clock.

I've been messing around in that sort of area quite a bit, it's definitely a good sound!
I'm thinking about doing a full video-demo for it, just to actually give youtube one!
Just a pity I'm terrible at speaking on cam, it'll probably just be a heavily captioned non-speaking video.
hehe i don't like speaking either on camera, mics seem to accentuate the nasality (is that a word?) of my accent... EDIT: yeah, 10 o'clock rate, 2 o'clock depth, I just checked. It's not exactly at that, it's round that rough area, your guitar and amp will affect the exact spot you'll want to set it at too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 1, 2010,
Hah, with me it accents the low end too much and really makes my "S" sounds end up dodgy.

Yeah, I was playing around that region. That and sort of 1/2 O'clock rate, 3 O'clock depth are the areas I've spent the most time around. Which are probably considered a bit "too much" for some people, but I'm a complete ***** for chorus.
Whenever I get the slightest chance to use one, like at gigs or practice or something, I'll have it on.
I actually think my chorus spends more time on than my Overdrive or Distortion, and my band plays a lot of rock.
hehe. I don't use it too much, but I use it for 80s type clean passages. Mainly I can't be bothered tap-dancing, that's my problem.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I'm just annoyed that right now I'm limited to only one chorus pedal! I might buy a Dano Cool Cat Chorus if I have a spare £35 so I can get both a light and a heavy chorus sound at any time.

Just get a 3rd hand and hook it up the the depth knob.

EDIT: nevermind, it'd be cheaper just to buy the dano
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Oct 1, 2010,
Ah, unfortunately I rarely get the chance to have 80s type clean passages with my band's work, and I never get round to doing anything with that sort of stuff in my home practice.

And part of the reason I keep my chorus on so much is because I don't dig the tap-dancing!
Though it's not so bad with my set-up right now, it's pretty much just three pedals, often one of which will be on for the whole song.
But when my pedal board's full it might be a bit of a different case...though thinking about it, my pedalboard's probably gonna be mainly various different overdrives and boosts...

I hate when I get thinking about pedalboards...I just don't stop...

EDIT: Jhacey - I honestly haven't even heard of one of those
To google!
Last edited by Punk_Ninja at Oct 1, 2010,
^ my engl has two loops, so that lets you avoid some tap dancing, but it's a bit of a double-edged sword because you can't use the same pedal on both clean and dirty tones, you'd actually need two of the pedal if you liked its tones on both channels...

Quote by Jhachey22

EDIT: nevermind, it'd be cheaper just to buy the dano

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hah ouch!

Also, that third hand is badass! While it would be cheaper to buy the Dano, I think I'd prefer to have a third hand hooked up to the depth knob!
...actually I'd love a third hand hooked up to every pedal I own for complete tonal variety.
...why did you introduce me to this!?
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Hah ouch!

Also, that third hand is badass! While it would be cheaper to buy the Dano, I think I'd prefer to have a third hand hooked up to the depth knob!
...actually I'd love a third hand hooked up to every pedal I own for complete tonal variety.
...why did you introduce me to this!?

to make you spend an extra $75 on every pedal you buy, of course!
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
well i mean you can set up the engl to have one master loop, but then you're back to tap-dancing. So as I said, double-edged sword. It's great if you have fx which you'd only ever use on a clean channel, or on distortion, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I don't have that much to spend on every pedal I buy, let alone that much to put on top of the price of the pedal!

And on the loop, it sounds too much for me! Just running 3 or 4 overdrive pedals and a chorus in front of my amp is enough to keep me happy.
hehe, sure. I rarely use fx that much either. My big problem, with most guitar stuff, is that I use it just enough to want one, but not really enough to justify it.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?