I just got home from school, and read an email saying:
Hi Patrick,
Thank you for your interest. We would like you to come in for an interview at 5 tonight. If you are unable to make it we may be able to reschedule for Saturday. We'll need to to play for us and demonstrate your teaching methods for a variety of needs. Be prepared in a number of genres to demonstrate you are well rounded as a guitarist. Look forward to seeing you.
So what do you guys suggest for me to get this job? It's very well paying ($24 cdn/hour) and is my best chance of getting a bunch of money for travel and school with very little work time. I do not want to miss out on this. So again guys...

Tips?
Go naked. Guaranteed job.
Bad Taste: awesomest of all movies,

360 Gamertag: S3AT0N
Guitars: Jackson RR3
Just chill, don't get nervous and mess up your playing and just pretend they know next to nothing about guitar (but not in a patronising way).
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Is 24 Canadian dollars are hour good up there?

Tell them you know how to play guitar and then play Mary Had A Little Lamb on the high E string.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Well kind of information do you need really? Just do what they ask you and hope you get the job.
What's the ability of the people you'll be teaching? Are they people that have never played before or what? Also how good are you? More info would help
When life gives you lemons just say fuck the lemons and bail

Quote by Duffman123
The first time I saw his name I thought it said cunt Seanula >_>

True story.
I taught lessons for a while...despite genre there are basics that apply to everyone that comes in. Generally, every one of my students either had no experience whatsoever or just been messing around a little and looking for guidance. Some of my students needed to be shown how to properly hold the guitar and pick. So i would say focus on the basics (beginner chords, simple melodies) and throw in some theory (string names, tuning, etc).

As for demonstrating your techniques and skills...just go in and play. Doesn't really matter what you play, just kill it!
You could leave it until the last hour, cram it all in. That way, you're likely to go in, forgetting a lot of it and then looking really unprepared!

Good luck
^ Not my fault, I got home from school just before 4pm, and they want me there at 5pm.
Quote by izbbass
Is 24 Canadian dollars are hour good up there?
Minimum wage right now is at $10/hour, and the exchange rate is $1.00 CAD = $0.98 USD.

So I'm getting $23.53/hour in USD as opposed to $9.80. So yeah, it's good for a teenager's job.
Quote by Count Seanula
What's the ability of the people you'll be teaching? Are they people that have never played before or what? Also how good are you? More info would help
The students would be beginner to intermediate I believe, but mostly kids who have never played before. I myself have been playing for almost three years, so the hardest songs I know are probably something like Selkies by BTBAM or Psalm of Lydia by Nevermore.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Oct 1, 2010,
Shred Classical Gas and then fap in their eyes.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by lbounds27
I taught lessons for a while...despite genre there are basics that apply to everyone that comes in. Generally, every one of my students either had no experience whatsoever or just been messing around a little and looking for guidance. Some of my students needed to be shown how to properly hold the guitar and pick. So i would say focus on the basics (beginner chords, simple melodies) and throw in some theory (string names, tuning, etc).

As for demonstrating your techniques and skills...just go in and play. Doesn't really matter what you play, just kill it!

So redundant.....

But yea, just do what they say, plan out how you would actually teach a student and demonstrate it to them. And show off a bit too
Well then make sure you know a lot of chords and find some songs with a nice chord progression and maybe a really simple lead part. As for what you play for your interview make sure whatever you play you can play effortlessly. If you sound passionate about your playing and teaching you should be fine. Good luck
When life gives you lemons just say fuck the lemons and bail

Quote by Duffman123
The first time I saw his name I thought it said cunt Seanula >_>

True story.
play your guitar really fast and loud
Quote by Thrill-house
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.

Quote by Dopemgs

P.S: You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome

Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. To Conor:
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.
[/desperateattempttogetsigged]
If you're really unprepared for it , ask them to rearrange it for Sunday? Oh, and dress presentably!
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Yep. Go in with a plan.
You might wanna "rehearse" just so you have answers to any questions they throw at you, and it'll help you to relax if you know you're armed well with good ripostes.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Don't go in there expecting to play Psalm of Lydia and expect it to wow them necessarily; it's technically impressive, but it's not going to demonstrate anything other than a penchant for sweep picking. Play it and be able to explain the theory behind the arpeggios, the different inversions he moves through, and how it all ties together with the rhythm.

If you really want to play something technically impressive AND wow them with a sense of harmony, chord/scale vocabulary, you'd be better off playing a jazz standard or classical (guitar) piece. If you can at least improvise decently and you know some chord inversions, I don't see why you shouldn't get the job.
so you'll be making around $25 an hour? thats nice as fuuuuuuuuuuck man. I mean if you could put in 40 hours a week and make $1000 before taxes. I mean its not likely that you could get 40 hours a week, but not impossible! Good luck man!
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]