I was thinking of getting a 4x12 cab for a 5w tube amp. Would something like and Epi jr or BH Lil Giant put out enough to power one?
Pain is temporary. Stupid is forever. - Some really friggin' smart dead dude
As long as the amp & speaker impedance match, you won't have a problem, and a 5watt tube amp can still get pretty damn loud!
thanks! I figured the impedance matching would be the most difficult task.
yeah, even when I jam with my band, I don;t put the vol past 5...or I drown the drums

people look at these small class A amps like the epi or blackheart and think, wow, will I be able to hear that? they don't realize that you can't directly compare the power output of a ss amp to a tube amp. I have a 25w ss practice amp, and my lil giant spanks it before it can get out of the garage.
sure. if the cab has highly-rated speakers you aren't going to get much if any speaker distortion, but you'll definitely get loud sound.

and yeah, match the impedance. shouldn't be too difficult unless the amp only has one impedance, a lot of those 5 watters (not all) have switchable impedance.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yup, my BH5H can run through 16, 8 or 4 ohm speakers - gotta love versatility!