E|----------------------------------------------|    \
B|----10h13p10---10h13p10---10h13p10---10h13p10-|    |
G|-b12--------b12--------b12--------b12---------| x8 |
D|----------------------------------------------|    |
A|----------------------------------------------|    |
E|----------------------------------------------| 

when i try and play this part of the dani california solo when i do the bend on the g string the d string is pushed and then rings open... does anyone know how i can stop this?
if you hold the pick between the fore finger of your index, and your thumb, then simply take your ring finger or pikny and rest it on the other side of the "D" string so you are automatically muting the string when you release.......
Quote by schism8
E|----------------------------------------------|    \
B|----10h13p10---10h13p10---10h13p10---10h13p10-| |
G|-b12--------b12--------b12--------b12---------| x8 |
D|----------------------------------------------| |
A|----------------------------------------------| |
E|----------------------------------------------|

when i try and play this part of the dani california solo when i do the bend on the g string the d string is pushed and then rings open... does anyone know how i can stop this?

Improve your fretting technique so you don't catch strings you don't want when you're playing.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Improve your fretting technique so you don't catch strings you don't want when you're playing.

how?
Quote by schism8
how?

Well at the minute your finger is probably flattening out and catching the other string when you're bending so slow down and stop doing that, speed up again when you've got it right slowly.

The same advise goes for more or less anything: look at what you're doing, see what about it is wrong, slow down and stop doing it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I like to use the palm of my pick hand to mute any strings that I'm not playing. The trick is to mute the D string and not the G when you play that lick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-6V_28w71s

That link is for a video of a guy that shows techniques for muting strings and playing more cleanly. Don't worry about how fast he plays, just pay attention to what he says about using your fingers and hands to mute strings.