So I'm thinking about replacing the neck and bridge pickups in my Ibanez 370DX.

Info: My amp is a Randall RG100G3, and I'm pretty happy with it. I like to play everything from Blues to Black Metal, but mainly focus on Hard Rock and Metal, so relatively high output. I want passive pickups as I find active pickups to sound somewhat sterile.

I've been doing my research and I've thought about getting a BKP Nailbomb or Warpig, or Dimarzio X2N, Breed, Crunch Lab and Tone Zone. The problem with the BKP's is their price, and the fact that I'd have to ship them to Iceland, otherwise I'd probably get them.

Any suggestions?
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Oct 1, 2010,
really up to you. BKPs are nice (I haven't tried those ones, though), but it depends on how much of a premium you're paying. I'd have thought duncans and dimarzio would be dear in iceland too (as they are in europe), but I could be wrong.

I'd probably go for something alnico V, reasonably high output (but not brootal output, medium to medium high) if you need them to be versatile enough to cope with lower gain stuff too...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?