So yeah on my fairly new strings they are making some strange sounds. One is that there is fret buzz on whatever fret is being fretted. Nothing wrong with the frets.

Also i get an annoying fizzy hum sound when i palm mute or really just do anything that involves touching the strings. It didnt used to do this when i ran it through my distortion pedal while it was off. Since i dont need it and it killed tone when playing through headphones for some reason while being off, i just used one cable to the amp.

I also get this scratchy sound when i pick from the pick sliding against the string. so yeah if anyone knows whats wrong..
Quote by Ratraisin
Do you really kill hobos? Man, that's some bad karma...

THE ORIGINAL HOBO SLAYER
^ Now cool and groovy
Your inotation is off...
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
check the action? orbad strings? I had bad produced strings once, had to replace them cause they caused string sounds.
Hmm ok i guess ill try new strings.. i dont know how it could be set up any better
Quote by Ratraisin

THE ORIGINAL HOBO SLAYER
^ Now cool and groovy
You've gotta give more detail than this. Which frets and which strings EXACTLY do you get the buzz on? If it is on every single fret and on every single string then you need to raise the action/string height. If it is only on certain frets or areas of the neck, you may need a truss rod adjustment.

As far as the humming noise, it sounds like you have a grounding issue, possible a loose wire/connection inside your guitar.

With more details it will be easier to help you!
Godin Summit CT - Natural
Vox VT 50 amplifier
Vox V847 Wah pedal
I get fret buzz on the fret on the bottom 2 strings mostly. Its mostly just how it vibrates between my finger and fret rapidly when i dont have complete pressure on the string like when im changing position. Other strings i had didnt do this. And i was thinking it was a grounding problem with the hissing sound, but im not sure why running it through a distortion pedal would help
Quote by Ratraisin

THE ORIGINAL HOBO SLAYER
^ Now cool and groovy