I've got an M-Audio FastTrack using ProTools Essential and, for some mysterious reason, when I'm recording, every five minutes or so all the monitor output becomes fuzzy and distorted in a way that is painful to listen to. Then five minutes later it stops as suddenly as it began. What causes this and what can be done to rectify it?
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Quote by sonic_777111
I've got an M-Audio FastTrack using ProTools Essential and, for some mysterious reason, when I'm recording, every five minutes or so all the monitor output becomes fuzzy and distorted in a way that is painful to listen to. Then five minutes later it stops as suddenly as it began. What causes this and what can be done to rectify it?

Does this happen while you're using the computer, or if you come back to it after 5 minutes? Occasionally if I let my mac go into sleep mode, when I trn it back on I get the same problem and have to unplug my Apogee Duet and 'replug' it to solve things, though with my set up this is a well-known glitch.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
It happens while I'm using the computer. I tried the unplug-and-plug-it-back-in thing and it didn't solve anything. Some issue with the monitoring, I think.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass