Page 1 of 2
I'm amazed at the amount of Spider bashing you see on this forum. Also the criticism and doomsday predictions around Korean guitars, Mexican v/s American, China-made effects....

I live in a place where gear is frightfully expensive, options are limited and the secondhand market doesn't exist. So my rig is PRS SE Singlecut/ Fender MIM standard strat => Boss ME-20 => Vox 847a Wah => Digitech Distortion Factor DF-7 => Bad Monkey => Digitech X-Series DigiDelay => Spider III 15W...all effects in front of the amp obviously as there's no effects loop

With a little investment of time and some sheer commonsense, I've been able to turn all of this into a good gigging setup, and I have to say, good tone is indeed in your hands:

1. For gigs, I always mic the amp, never turn the volume beyond 11 o'clock...let the PA do the work. Never use the onboard effects (they are indeed too digital and limited in scope)...use a little reverb, only on the clean channel (at most, maybe a little crunch)...GET THE EQ RIGHT!
2. BOSS ME-20 - has a lot of limitations, use only the chorus and other modulations, tuner and EQ...wah in some situations where more limited and more uniform sweep is required than the Vox
3. Vox - find the sweet spot and develop foot control over the sweep range
4. DF - use the much maligned DS-1 and metal zone modes, but get the tone & EQ right
5. Bad Monkey - just a volume boost for leads

I've had the sound guys ask me before setting up for a gig.."you want to use THAT?" (after seeing the Spider)...only to say later that the tone is amazing. The PRS gets a beautiful creamy OD sound out that I'm sure guys will kill for. Lovely harmonics. The strat sounds good, not yet amazing, but I'm still making discoveries with the settings and I'm sure I will get it right pretty soon (have also made some mistakes in the early gigging days so I have a good idea how horrible all of this can sound without the right settings). Granted, we play classic rock, not overly distorted noise.

I think the best thing for all these 15 year-old UG'ers with Spider-phobia is to trap them on a desert island with this kind of equipment, cut them off from the internet and force them to coax good tones out of their rig. And guys, now I know that tube amps aren't the solution to all of life's problems, not if you don't know how to play

Cool story bro

Look, we know it's possible to get a decent tone out of MGs/SPiders/FMs, the song "Frogs" on my profile was done on an MG1/2 stack.

but you have to put so much more work into these amps to make them sounds decent, when you could just plug into a good amp and sound good right there without dickin around with pedals.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Oct 1, 2010,
that long rant is nothing without proof sir.

get a video up.

if you can, record the video and audio separate.

i want to hear/see this for myself.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
The problem isn't that the Spider is terrible. The problem is that you can get gear 2-3x better for the same price. Anywhere. So there's no reason to ever own one.

Also, cool story bro.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
Quote by Ayses
The problem isn't that the Spider is terrible. The problem is that you can get gear 2-3x better for the same price. Anywhere. So there's no reason to ever own one.

Also, cool story bro.

that long rant is nothing without proof sir.

get a video up.

if you can, record the video and audio separate.

i want to hear/see this for myself.

+1 for both of you.
yeah bertie wooster never got very good deals on the second-hand market.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
A PRS being run into anything = Amazing tone, even if it is a Spider.
HOWEVER!

I own TWO Spiders, a Spider III 15w, and a Spider IV 120w, and both of them rock, you just gotta know how to use them.

I don't understand the spider-bashing either, but it's UG, you know? Trolls live in this place like it's just under a bridge or something.
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.

Quote by NickGiovanni
I own TWO Spiders, a Spider III 15w, and a Spider IV 120w, and both of them rock, you just gotta know how to use them.

I don't understand the spider-bashing either, but it's UG, you know? Trolls live in this place like it's just under a bridge or something.

my spider sucked a fat ****, that's why i gave to my friend for free.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by NickGiovanni

+1

It seems that people here either give extremely good advice and can back up their prejudices with years of experience, or they're just fanboys that back up prejudice with years of prejudice.
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
Bleach, OP, Naruto, GE, Rosario+Vampire, Soul Eater, Kyou Kara Ore Wa, Kimi No Iru Machi, HSD Kenichi, and many more!!!
Quote by Fantum1337
+1

It seems that people here either give extremely good advice and can back up their prejudices with years of experience, or they're just fanboys that back up prejudice with years of prejudice.
It's not that. It's just that when people come in asking "Should I get the Spider IV?"...we naturally suggest something better. For the same price. Take the Peavey Vypyr for example. It costs exactly the same as the Spider. It's better in every way. More amp models, better models, clean and dirty for every amp, like 5 times the effects, a better speaker, the list goes on.

It's like if a diamond and a diamond 3 times smaller cost the same price. And they were both exactly the same aside from size. There's NO REASON to suggest the one 3 times smaller, because it's just not as good as far as jewels are concerned.

The same goes with the Spider vs anything. It's not trolling. It's common sense.
Use your brain IMO. You'll find that not being closed minded can open you up to a world of great tone.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
surely this is a troll...my brother has a Spider II 15 and it sounds totally horrendous whatever I do. I thought a bad monkey would improve his tone to at leats make it bearable but I spend an hour fiddling with the EQ to no avail. Using my les paul improved the tone slightly but it was still horrific and nothing I would ever consider gigging with! I'd also like to see some video evidence of this supposedly good tone because that amp is terrible.
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004
Fender Telecaster Custom 72RI 2009
PEDALZ
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
This post reminds me of those guys are guitar center that give inexperienced
players a top shelf guitar to try on an amp they know isn't going to meet their
needs for long.

Anyways...For indie and some alternative, I would say ok....

But I'm just not convinced that a 15watt spider is going to provide the sustain
that heavy metal/classic rock players will need. I had a 212 and I had to daisy chain
a Peavey Royal 8 through it for lead tones. It always farted out or sounded like
a deep fryer when cranked. The Royal would drown it out with dynamic picking.

Now my philosophy is...dont buy an amp that cant satisfy you on its own.
Having to rig up all that stuff is just a waste of time and money.
Pedals are always nice, but you shouldnt have to depend on a pedal for distortion
or overdrive.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Oct 1, 2010,
Quote by Ayses
It's not that. It's just that when people come in asking "Should I get the Spider IV?"...we naturally suggest something better. For the same price. Take the Peavey Vypyr for example. It costs exactly the same as the Spider. It's better in every way. More amp models, better models, clean and dirty for every amp, like 5 times the effects, a better speaker, the list goes on.

It's like if a diamond and a diamond 3 times smaller cost the same price. And they were both exactly the same aside from size. There's NO REASON to suggest the one 3 times smaller, because it's just not as good as far as jewels are concerned.

The same goes with the Spider vs anything. It's not trolling. It's common sense.
Use your brain IMO. You'll find that not being closed minded can open you up to a world of great tone.

I see now I left the first part of the quote about Spiders being good in there... oops.
I agree, Spiders are terrible for the price compared to other amps. I was more talking about the people that seem to go along with the wave of other people that say something even though they have no solid evidence to back it up. I guess I horribly misstated what I was trying to say, but I in no way meant that everyone who goes against the spider is some kind of anti-fanboy. Or I guess hater? Meh.

EDIT: Jesus Christ I'm epic sentence failing all over the place... lol
Forget it, I'm sick and should be asleep, not attempting to make coherent statements on a guitar forum...
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
Bleach, OP, Naruto, GE, Rosario+Vampire, Soul Eater, Kyou Kara Ore Wa, Kimi No Iru Machi, HSD Kenichi, and many more!!!
Last edited by Fantum1337 at Oct 1, 2010,
Also I'd like to point out, being the psychology major that I am, you had absolutely no reason to post this thread. You know full well that you're not going to come in here, make one post, and then magically change all of our minds. It can't happen, and it won't happen.

What you're doing is trying to validate this amp to yourself. By making this post, you are trying to convince yourself that you're better than everyone who has actually played multiple amps and understands tone. Stop lying to yourself. You don't have some magical amp from the gods. It's hands down the worst of all popular modeling amps for the same price as said amps. That's pretty much a fact.

Just stop. Please.
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Quote by Ayses
The problem isn't that the Spider is terrible.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I think the problem is that the Spider IS terrible. (Edit: read your other posts, ignore this I guess)

It's alright as a first amp, and even then there are definitely better choices for the money.

Maybe my hatred comes from when I go to GC, everything BUT the Spiders are taken and I'm forced to use one to test run guitars.... It may also come from when I was in a band and for practice, I had to use my buddies Spider while he played through a JCM900 and a 5150. But whatever. If you like the tone, then you like the tone.
Last edited by Ignite at Oct 1, 2010,
Quote by Ayses
Also I'd like to point out, being the psychology major that I am, you had absolutely no reason to post this thread. You know full well that you're not going to come in here, make one post, and then magically change all of our minds. It can't happen, and it won't happen.

What you're doing is trying to validate this amp to yourself. By making this post, you are trying to convince yourself that you're better than everyone who has actually played multiple amps and understands tone. Stop lying to yourself. You don't have some magical amp from the gods. It's hands down the worst of all popular modeling amps for the same price as said amps. That's pretty much a fact.

Just stop. Please.

this guy reeks of epic win
Quote by Nelsean

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by jimihendrix6699
this guy reeks of epic win
Why thank you sir! I try.
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Interesting comments guys...thanks

But the point some of you may have missed in the (admittedly long) story was...LACK OF OPTIONS....of course with options, you would be crazy to settle for lower quality at the same/ comparable prices....but if the options don't exist, or if the price points for those options where you live is triple the "fair" international price, you're forced to go back and make the equipment work to the best extent you can, and then you understand the real value of a lot of the comments you see on UG

So thanks for the complex psychological analysis, but I'd rather go back to understanding my equipment better and learning to play, while you guys rack up credit card debt and then blame the government and third world countries for your problems
A line 6 is the only amp I've ever had and I could tell it sucks just by playing guitar and then listening to my ipod
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by r_samson

But the point some of you may have missed in the (admittedly long) story was...LACK OF OPTIONS....of course with options, you would be crazy to settle for lower quality at the same/ comparable prices....but if the options don't exist, or if the price points for those options where you live is triple the "fair" international price, you're forced to go back and make the equipment work to the best extent you can, and then you understand the real value of a lot of the comments you see on UG

So thanks for the complex psychological analysis, but I'd rather go back to understanding my equipment better and learning to play, while you guys rack up credit card debt and then blame the government and third world countries for your problems

Well obviously any amp is better than no amp at all, even if it is, by all means, a terrible amp. Undoubtably in a "Spider vs Not Amplifying my Electric Guitar" thread the Spider would be the best option. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004
Fender Telecaster Custom 72RI 2009
PEDALZ
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
Quote by Redstar5wp
Well obviously any amp is better than no amp at all, even if it is, by all means, a terrible amp. Undoubtably in a "Spider vs Not Amplifying my Electric Guitar" thread the Spider would be the best option. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.
+1
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Quote by r_samson

only a lazy prick would settle for a spider. if you're serious about getting quality gear, and don't live in north korea, you can always have stuff shipped to you. I've been ordering stuff online since I was fifteen. It's not that hard.

and racking up credit card debt? what part about "there are better amps for the same price" don't you understand? if you were to take the money you spent on your rig trying to make it sound half decent, you could have had a quality amp.

like the other dude said, you're just trying to justify the purchase to no one but yourself. you can't admit to yourself you made a shitty purchase, so you throw all kinds of effects at it hoping to solve the problem, like piling on ketchup to make burnt food edible. but in the end, it's going to be bland and tasteless.

Now, please, GTFO troll. this thread's going to get closed anyways.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by Jhachey22
you throw all kinds of effects at it hoping to solve the problem, like piling on ketchup to make burnt food edible. but in the end, it's going to be bland and tasteless.
THANK YOU! Someone with a brain!
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Quote by Jhachey22
only a lazy prick would settle for a spider. if you're serious about getting quality gear, and don't live in north korea, you can always have stuff shipped to you. I've been ordering stuff online since I was fifteen. It's not that hard.

and racking up credit card debt? what part about "there are better amps for the same price" don't you understand? if you were to take the money you spent on your rig trying to make it sound half decent, you could have had a quality amp.

like the other dude said, you're just trying to justify the purchase to no one but yourself. you can't admit to yourself you made a shitty purchase, so you throw all kinds of effects at it hoping to solve the problem, like piling on ketchup to make burnt food edible. but in the end, it's going to be bland and tasteless.

Now, please, GTFO troll. this thread's going to get closed anyways.

Astonishing levels of vitriol for a "musician"...I'd have expected this kind of reaction from a 15 year old, not someone 75

I agree I probably wouldn't buy the Spider again given a chance to start again and more options, but I have picked up a lot about coaxing more out of your equipment in the process

Btw, NickGiovanni probably had the most meaningful comment on this thread, I agree it is probably the PRS improving the whole chain sound, it is a truly well crafted guitar, (despite being an SE!)

Ayses, you make the monkeys in the Jungle Book sound like they have the ability to think independently
Quote by r_samson
Btw, NickGiovanni probably had the most meaningful comment on this thread, I agree it is probably the PRS improving the whole chain sound, it is a truly well crafted guitar, (despite being an SE!)

how coincedental, the most meaningful comment is the one that sides with your opinion

it works the other way around: running a great guitar into a sh*t amp is going to give you a sh*t tone. running a bad guitar into a good amp will give you a good sound.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by r_samson
Ayses, you make the monkeys in the Jungle Book sound like they have the ability to think independently
And you make my 11 year old sister sound like a genius.

This is your thread:

"I bought a bad amp. I could have bought a better amp, but I did not.

BUT ITZ NOT BAD! ITS AWESOME WITH THE PEDALZ! If you disagree you're dumb! (Insert jungle book reference)"

Sigh. When will you learn. We said that the Spider isn't worth buying. That's because it isn't. You could buy a Vypyr for the same price. It's 2x better. You could buy a Valvetronix for the same price. It's 2x better. You could buy a Roland Cube for the same price. It's 1.5x better.

The list goes on.

Also, I'm one of the most open minded people on the planet IMO, so it's not like I'm just blindly saying that the Spider is bad. I weighed it against other options, and it's not a good choice.

That is why people bash it on these forums. They deserve to be bashed for what they are. Get that through your head please.

Please stop trying to sound smart. Everyone in this thread agrees that you do not.
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Well if you run pedals that cost more than double of the amp, you are talking about how much $ to get a decent tone? I have a 30w spider, it's for practice only, I brought it to a jam once..haha what a peice of shitt really, really it is...all the channels. It's fine for practice though, saves my tubes for when they are needed.
Quote by Tempoe
Well if you run pedals that cost more than double of the amp, you are talking about how much $ to get a decent tone? I have a 30w spider, it's for practice only, I brought it to a jam once..haha what a peice of shitt really, really it is...all the channels. It's fine for practice though, saves my tubes for when they are needed.
This exactly. It sounds bad...but it's not bad PER SE for practice. You don't need godly tone for practice at all. Also, it doesn't use up tube juice (lol).

That's pretty much it though. God help you if you even begin to think about using for gigging.
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Quote by Ayses
And you make my 11 year old sister sound like a genius.

That tells me all

Try retracing this thread to see who started the pointless nasty comments

I'm done here. Flame away to your heart's content
Quote by r_samson
That tells me all

Try retracing this thread to see who started the pointless nasty comments

I'm done here. Flame away to your heart's content
Glad to hear it. Get out of here with your pointless, self-glorifying threads.
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
They are great little practice amps. I use them at my work (guitar teacher) because they have effects build in and I don't have to have pedals out in about if im just teaching a kid a song that needs some OD and echo. Now most of the setting just sound terrible (the crunch is quite unpleasing to my ears) but it's good for PRACTICE.

I think your biggest mistake in making this thread was try to defend this amp as gig worthy. In your room you can hear threw the bad tones just because your the only one listening. But on stage or with a band others will hear it, and those bad tones will get noticed. You don't have to be a guitar player to know a good tone from a bad.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
I don't see why you'd get a Spider III though when there are amps that cost the same and sound better. Just because you "can" get a good sound of them doesn't mean you should buy one.
This thread:

I need to dig a big hole, I have a spoon. You guys all say to use a spade but I've made my spoon slightly bigger with bits of plastic. My spoon > Your spade.

If you think I'm wrong you're obviously stupid and can't dig holes very well.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Not everyone has access to decent amps. Then there are just us people who make an honest mistake and fall for the advertising. I never tried my spider before I got it because back then I was just starting out and was VERY self conscious of my playing. Didn't want to make a dumbass of myself strumming Plush.

And, no. The problem isn't that spiders are terrible. It's that people compare a DIGITAL SOLID STATE MODELING AMP, let me repeat myself for those that can't read normal font sizes;

DIGITAL SOLID STATE MODELING AMP

Up against a boutique tube or another modeling amp. Personally, I absolutely HATE the tone of Vox modellers. They're great for that older breakup overdrive sound. I've yet to hear a saturated modern-metal tone come from a Vox. Spiders aren't meant to be the greatest amps ever, just acceptable amps for cheap.

I've played in a band where I used my Spider 3 75W, and the other guitarist used a 30W. Wasn't the greatest tone ever, but it worked. It's all about what you play. Tone just makes it appeal to gear*****s and nitwits that refuse to recognize talent in favor of money.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by Ishiga
Not everyone has access to decent amps. Then there are just us people who make an honest mistake and fall for the advertising. I never tried my spider before I got it because back then I was just starting out and was VERY self conscious of my playing. Didn't want to make a dumbass of myself strumming Plush.

And, no. The problem isn't that spiders are terrible. It's that people compare a DIGITAL SOLID STATE MODELING AMP, let me repeat myself for those that can't read normal font sizes;

DIGITAL SOLID STATE MODELING AMP

Up against a boutique tube or another modeling amp. Personally, I absolutely HATE the tone of Vox modellers. They're great for that older breakup overdrive sound. I've yet to hear a saturated modern-metal tone come from a Vox. Spiders aren't meant to be the greatest amps ever, just acceptable amps for cheap.

I've played in a band where I used my Spider 3 75W, and the other guitarist used a 30W. Wasn't the greatest tone ever, but it worked. It's all about what you play. Tone just makes it appeal to gear*****s and nitwits that refuse to recognize talent in favor of money.

No, if you read. People compare it to other DIGITAL SOLID STATE MODELING AMPs which do the same job, but do it better. Much better in most cases.

Wrong, tone means that your guitar sounds good. Better tone, better guitar sound, better people notice. You don't have to be a gear fanatic to be able to say "man, that dude's guitar sounds awful!" 9/10 it won't be a gear ***** or even a musician who comes over to me and comments on the guitar tone.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

The spider is horrible. I played a half-stack once before. Wasn't anywhere near as bad as the Marshall MG I played on once, but it was still crap. With loads of time I got a tone I could manage with but the sad part is that I still find the tone on a tiny 2 watt MICROCUBE better. I mean really. While not the worst amps ever, they're so hated because the price of them is far from worth it and the amp still is poor. Besides, you could use that money to get something way better or get something just as good and save 75% of the cash.

You complain about money (in your area) being the reason you have a crap amp, yet you can afford a PRS.

Makes sense?
Lmfao.

/thread
Last edited by TechnicolorType at Oct 2, 2010,
Quote by SimplyBen
No, if you read. People compare it to other DIGITAL SOLID STATE MODELING AMPs which do the same job, but do it better. Much better in most cases.

Wrong, tone means that your guitar sounds good. Better tone, better guitar sound, better people notice. You don't have to be a gear fanatic to be able to say "man, that dude's guitar sounds awful!" 9/10 it won't be a gear ***** or even a musician who comes over to me and comments on the guitar tone.

I've compared the Vypyr 120W 212, both solid state and tube versions against a spider IV solid state. Conclusion: VYPYR SOUNDS LIKE DIGITAL SH!T. ALWAYS HAS, ALWAYS WILL.

VERY static breakup, quite easily the WORST preamp clipping I've ever heard in my entire career as a human being. And that's pretty pathetic considering I'm a die hard Peavey fan, as long as it's not a Vypyr.

HATED the Vox lines for what I play. Voiced for a more classic british sound, and I've always been more of a modern metal guy myself. But you see, there's the keyword there.

MYSELF.

PERSONAL PREFERENCE. TONE IS PERCEIVED BY THE HUMAN EAR AND WILL BE PERCEIVED DIFFERENTLY BY EVERY DAMN HUMAN BEING OUT THERE.

There is ONE modelling amp I've preferred over the Spider. And that's the Roland Cube. ONLY one that handles a well saturated distortion as cleanly as the spider does. The Spider lacks depth and lacks that tube responsiveness. So does the Vox, so does the Roland, so does every damn solid state out there. That's why the ****ing call it solid state. Because it's not tube.

As far as a better solid state modelling amp; I call bullshit. Not currently in production. Are there better amps? Yes, GOD yes. Is there a single more versatile EASILY ACCESSABLE FROM WHEREVER THE **** YOU ARE ON THE PLANET modelling amp that can handle cleans, crunch, overdrive, and distortion decently? NO. The Spider was meant to be the definition of modelling: COVER EVERYTHING ALRIGHT, EXCEL IN NOTHING.

So, no. You want to say there's a better amp that's commercially available with the range of the spider? I call bullshit. Not in production today there isn't. There are better amps, but most of em are a lot harder to find in third world countries, and yes for you morons shipping is a bitch if there isn't a factory a hop and a skip away. Most newbies to amp buying get suckered into buying modelling amps, I know I sure shit did. Should have gotten a standalone amp with its' OWN tone like a Valveking. But I didn't, I went for versatility and now it's biting me in the ass. But that doesn't mean I can't get a decent tone. And by the way, tone isn't shit. Tone is nice, I'd kill for a Diezel Herbert, but you don't need tone to be a damn good guitarist. My buddys dad's been playing for over thirty years, plays a yamaha pacifica through an off-brand 5W solid state practice amp. Man knows more about soul than anyone I've ever heard. F*ck your tone.

The fact that you'd rather talk trash about the spider and say it's a lousy amp than say you didn't like it for how you played tells me all I need to know. Have fun with your shit epiphone thinking you're a god playing Eruption through the same Vox every Slash or EVH wannabe has.

Edit::: FYI, two years ago he posted talking about his PRS SE, as well as his Line 6 Spider III 30W. I dunno if the poor bastard got confused about his wattage or what, but I highly doubt this is a troll two years in the making. It's just an interesting story about a guy making good use of a weak amp.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Last edited by Ishiga at Oct 2, 2010,
at first i wasn't sure if serious. then i read the following and went. Yup, troll.

Quote by r_samson

wft makes you think we rack up credit card debt? wtf makes you think we blame the govt and third world countries?

your thinkin' of another site.

edit: however it is possible to coax tone out of sub-pro grade gear, for sure. I use a fm15b for an acoustic amp.

edit 2: re-read jungle book, those monkeys were friggin' brilliant. in the background of one of the pictures you can see one making a thread about how good the spider III is.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Oct 2, 2010,
Page 1 of 2