Ive been playing acoustic guitar for about 8 months now. Im getting the urge to pick up my first electric. I don't want anything expensive, $300 is about my range.

I went into the local guitar center looking around at some Ibanez guitars in that range. I went over to the used rack for the heck of it and found a Black NC Mexican Strat for $300. Just like anyone I've wanted a strat.

So a couple questions:

1) What the heck is "NC"?

2) Good guitar for all sorts of music? I play predominantly clean songs, but I like to branch off into a little metal.

Thanks for the help.
1. Not sure what NC is?

2. Strats are notorious for good all around guitars. Especially if its a HSS setup. The MIM Strat would be a great starter electric guitar.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I thought NC denoted the early Bullet Strats, not the $99 crap ones today, but I guess I was wrong.

Also, which part of Upstate are you in?
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
1) I'm not sure...it may be a part of the serial number, or a reference as to where it was built. According to wikipedia, "NC" in the serial number of a squier strat means it's made in China. I assume that's what it is. Are you sure it's Mexican Fender Strat, not Squier Strat??? If it's squier you're getting ripped off.

2) Most versatile guitar you'll find for that price. Only thing that I'd say before you buy it is just to play it first and make sure it's comfortable. If you're like me, you (and since you play acoustic), you'll probably be more comfortable with the flat body surface, rather than a curved surface, like on a Les Paul. If you like the feel go for it (assuming it's Fender.)
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Quote by gatechballer
1) I'm not sure...it may be a part of the serial number, or a reference as to where it was built. According to wikipedia, "NC" in the serial number of a squier strat means it's made in China. I assume that's what it is. Are you sure it's Mexican Fender Strat, not Squier Strat??? If it's squier you're getting ripped off.

2) Most versatile guitar you'll find for that price. Only thing that I'd say before you buy it is just to play it first and make sure it's comfortable. If you're like me, you (and since you play acoustic), you'll probably be more comfortable with the flat body surface, rather than a curved surface, like on a Les Paul. If you like the feel go for it (assuming it's Fender.)

Yeah its a legit Fender Strat. Not a Squire, I don't touch those things, but I'll confirm tomorrow. I played it today and everything checked out fine. The thing I like about it is that it looks like its barely been played between the quality of the finish and the absence of dings/dents.

And Pink Im in the albany area
Could NC be nitro-cellulose?

the Mexican strat only has 21 frets, well my one does. Which doesn't let me play a lot of DT, Gilbert and etc. Not sure if your concerned about that or not.
Ibanez Rg570EX
-Nailbomb & Liquifire
ENGL screamer 50
Dynacomp-TS9/808-OCD-Phase 90-Small Clone.