So my band has recently recorded a little bit of our stuff by our selfs and it doesnt sound to bad. It gets the sound of the song pretty good. But my question is that is it worth it to give out to people for free? Or should we just wait till we can afford to go to a studio, which could be quite a while...
Quote by ultimate-rocker
So my band has recently recorded a little bit of our stuff by our selfs and it doesnt sound to bad. It gets the sound of the song pretty good. But my question is that is it worth it to give out to people for free? Or should we just wait till we can afford to go to a studio, which could be quite a while...

Giving it out for free is a great idea, maybe chuck it on your myspace or something?

Of course that is if the recording quality is decent. You should post a link to a song or two so we can hear.
you played us

as both a cancer and a cure
Squier Tele Custom
Laney TF300
Could you post a song or 2 for us to hear?

If it really does sound pretty good, then there's nothing wrong with giving it out for free, although some people would argue that you should at least charge $1.

In my opinion, it makes more sense to record a demo first & hand that out for free, while you save up money to record a more "professional-sounding" EP.
If it is a finished product - something that you have spent time and money enough on that people might actually buy it because they like it rather than because they want to support your band charity - then you should sell it.

If it is a rough demo or something like that, it is not a finished product. I would maybe put it up on your myspace, use it for getting gigs, and for your own personal listening. I wouldn't distribute copies to people as if it were a product.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Give it out for free or burrn some CD-Rs, use paper sleeves and throw in a sticker for a buck!

You want people to:

Have your music
Have something with the band name and/or weblink
COme talk to you, so your seem personable and friendly. This goes a LONG way!!