has anyone here ever broken a finger at all?? and if so, how did that affect your guitar playing????
If I stay too quiet
I can hear her walking by
Death cold air is moving
Like the touch of her hand

ikuisesti hallussa surua,
pienentynyt enkeli, ottaa minuun,
johtaa minut tämän arvokkaan valoa,
ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
i actually dislocated my ring finger on my right hand a couple days ago. its just swollen and theres occasional pain but not too bad. thankfully i strum with my right hand so it doesnt get in the way.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
I am honestly terrified of breaking a finger/hand/wrist/arm. Take away my ability to play and you've taken my livelihood.
Quote by Momentosis
You guys are getting raped and killed?

Quote by jonathan666666

You win.

In The Amber
Come check us out!
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
I am honestly terrified of breaking a finger/hand/wrist/arm. Take away my ability to play and you've taken my livelihood.

exactly my problem..... :P i enlisted in the military a while ago so i can pay for college and get a degree in music... however i just was told that in a certain phase of my training there actually aloud to break up to three of my bones.... "torture mentality phase" and.... if i couldnt play afterwards id have nothing left :P
If I stay too quiet
Death cold air is moving

ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
Man I used to be a goal keeper (football or soccer whatever teh **** you wanna call it) I'd only ever last a month or so between breaking my fingers even with fingersaver gloves.
I am me. Live with it.
Quote by DeAd-RiP
Man I used to be a goal keeper (football or soccer whatever teh **** you wanna call it) I'd only ever last a month or so between breaking my fingers even with fingersaver gloves.

and.... can you still play just as well???
If I stay too quiet
Death cold air is moving

ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
I broke my index finger on my fretting hand in 2 different places. There are lots of chords i cant do now, but there is also a few things i can do that not many other guitarist can. It definately affects your ability to play though. You just gotta play through it!
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
I broke my right thumb. I couldn't play while I had a cast on, 'cuz my thumb & wrist couldn't move. But after I got it off things were fine. Never broke a finger on my fretting hand, though.
Quote by Blackritual0
exactly my problem..... :P i enlisted in the military a while ago so i can pay for college and get a degree in music... however i just was told that in a certain phase of my training there actually aloud to break up to three of my bones.... "torture mentality phase" and.... if i couldnt play afterwards id have nothing left :P

The Torture Mentality Phase? That sounds terrifying...

I'm not afraid of death (easy for me to say, I've never been in the situation) but I sure am afraid of pain and suffering.
Quote by Blackritual0

It's highly improbable that they'll actually break any bones on purpose. Too expensive in the long run (VA disability benefits), and they don't want to interfere with your ability to operate weapons or computers. In almost every specialty more people get injured playing sports off duty than any official task or training--even airborne.

I'd be more concerned about what could happen to you if you got captured and didn't have the training to handle it--or the confidence to get the job done without letting excessive worry about real-world capture get in the way.

Regardless, anything that doesn't kill you makes you stronger (one way or another).

Good luck and thank you for your selfless service. We don't know how much we owe you for our freedom.
Last edited by jetwash69 at Oct 2, 2010,
Quote by jetwash69
It's highly improbable that they'll actually break any bones on purpose. Too expensive in the long run (VA disability benefits), and they don't want to interfere with your ability to operate weapons or computers. In almost every specialty more people get injured playing sports off duty than any official task or training--even airborne.

I'd be more concerned about what could happen to you if you got captured and didn't have the training to handle it--or the confidence to get the job done without letting excessive worry about real-world capture get in the way.

Regardless, anything that doesn't kill you makes you stronger (one way or another).

Good luck and thank you for your selfless service. We don't know how much we owe you for our freedom.

idk.. im hoping your right. im going into a form of special forces.. so we have to go through alot of shit thats more intense than most people... and i guess there authorized to break up to three bones during that phase, teaching you to deal with torture and crap.. and if i couldnt play guitar again........ :P
If I stay too quiet
Death cold air is moving

ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
hmmm

Just wanted to show off my flaws, but as a nail-biter, I managed to infect the nail of my pinkie, till it was as big as my index finger, yellow-ish green, and very painful. Didn't stop me from playing guitar though, because it was on my strumming hand. But it stopped me for two nights, because i had to stay in hospital for 2 nights. I actually needed surgery on it, and the nail has been removed it got done about a omnth ago, so there is still no nail.

Wearing the hospital gown was fun.

**edit**

I realise that it's a break though haha
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
Broke my little finger (left hand) in 2005. Recovered pretty fast and my guitar playing is fine
I can take a road that'll see me through.
Quote by Scout1011
Broke my little finger (left hand) in 2005. Recovered pretty fast and my guitar playing is fine

well yeah, thats your little finger :P not one you really use.......
If I stay too quiet
Death cold air is moving

ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
I got carpal tunnel a few months ago, so I couldn't play for 6 weeks. It still hurts a little when I play though
cat
I just realized how conscious I was of my hands now too. I've been playing a bit less than two months and the other day, I was playing with my animals and realized that I could mess up my hand/wrist if I wasn't careful so I stopped XD

I've always been obsessed about video games and such and I've never worried about injuring my hands until I picked up a guitar.
i broke my finger a while ago playing basketball. i could play within 2 weeks, but i wasnt back to normal completely for 2 months or so. im still not completely better, and i doubt i ever will be, but i can still play just fine for the most part
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Quote by Blackritual0
well yeah, thats your little finger :P not one you really use.......

Uh, yes it is.

Perhaps not as commonly used in fretting as the other fingers, but used nonetheless
I can take a road that'll see me through.
Broke both my little fingers, but this was before playing guitar. They didn't heal properly so now they are pretty much useless.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Broken 4 fingers, fractured 2, dislocated both thumbs... (rugby, cricket and drunken antics)
If you get it seen to properly then it's fine... Hasn't affected my guitar playing at all except not being able to play for a couple of weeks in some cases.
Check out my fitness blog here
If fractured a finger nealry a year ago and had to keep a cast for about a month..thankfully it was my strumming hand..so I only had to wait a few days and I could play guitar again (very limitedly though).
A few months before i cut a chunk of my middle finger off and had to keep a huge plaster on while it cured. This was my fretting hand. But I made the most: fretted with my pinky and ring finger and got better at using them.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
i broke my ring finger one time, but it was before i started playing guitar.

i recently broke my pinky on my fretting hand (not a bad brake). it's made playing runs a little more painful, but it hasn't affected it too much.
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
I think I chipped a bone on my knuckle once. It hurt like a biznatch for a few weeks.

Used to break my toes skateboarding all the time though.
You'll be fine. I broke my ring finger on my fretting hand, just waited for it to heal and I was fine. Also had a few surgeries on my wrist, and it only made playing slightly harder.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?