How is this amp? I heard it get muddy when it is louder? Is it versatile? Can it go really brootal?

I offered a guy my mesa rectoverb head for his tourmaster 4100 and 2x12 matching cab(just to see what he would say), he said he would get back to me in a few days.

The tourmaster is in mint condition while the ROV is a bit dirty and the master volume pot is dirty. But other than that its mint. Is this a good deal?
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
Meh, I wasn't impressed with the Tourmaster when I tried it, definitely try it out before you make the trade.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Meh, I wasn't impressed with the Tourmaster when I tried it, definitely try it out before you make the trade.

+1

IMO, Egnater tried to do too much with the Tourmaster. It's a jack of all trades type amp. Everything about it is good but not great. Except the high gain. That's pretty meh. I strongly prefer the Renegade although it still would be pretty far from my first choice for br00tz.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Fun fact: John Kempanen (spelling?) from The Black Dahlia Murder toured with a Tourmaster before he got booted.

Anyway. I would try to play it. Just remember that the Tourmaster is going for about as much as Egnater's mid-tier amps now; so if you decide you want to trade, you'd probably end up losing some cash if you resold it.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

oh okay thanks, than i will probably stay away from this trade. I was thinking i would be making cash...

haha thanks guys!

Btw anyone know how to clean a dirty pot? I've never had this problem so i dont what i'm suppose to do. I have to put a thick pick between the volume knob thingy so the sound isnt all harsh and shrill. When i put the pick it sounds all warm and thick.
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
Quote by Unskathed
Fun fact: John Kempanen (spelling?) from The Black Dahlia Murder toured with a Tourmaster before he got booted.

Anyway. I would try to play it. Just remember that the Tourmaster is going for about as much as Egnater's mid-tier amps now; so if you decide you want to trade, you'd probably end up losing some cash if you resold it.

He was touring with our Mod 100, modular amp. Just didn't want anybody to get confused.
Quote by Ian Egnater
He was touring with our Mod 100, modular amp. Just didn't want anybody to get confused.

Egnater has one of those? I thought it was developed for Randall.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
Egnater has one of those? I thought it was developed for Randall.

We did make them in limited quantities. Go to Egnater.com, and click on Modular. It will kind of give you a low down on what ours was. You are right though, we licensed Randall the technology, and they made it much more well known than we did with it.