I've been trying to make more creative andsmooth sounding riffs, solos, instrumentals

and listening to music, I'm starting to realize that bass notes make for good transitions between arpeggios, riffs, chord changes.

this is probably obvious to a lot of you but it is an epiphany to me :P
I'm really trying to listen deeper into my music to learn what I can't seem to lookup. Online theory lessons only go so far, and sometimes it's hard to find answers when you don't know what your looking for.

there are so many aspects that go into music. I'm gonna work more on my walking bass lines and riffs and what not.
this thread confuses me haha, did u mean to ask a question or start a discussion about something?
idk :P
Any feedback on other ideas or perspectives on smooth melodies, what ev
those videos are pretty awesome
smooth does not describe my music haha i make things very angular and edgy, at least it keeps my interest :P
Quote by dlfloyd
idk :P
Any feedback on other ideas or perspectives on smooth melodies, what ev
those videos are pretty awesome

It's a crime the series isn't on DVD - you learn so much from them, and it's really interesting to see, and more importantly hear how the same things keep re-appearing in music, but manage to sound completely different in different contexts.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I do have a quick questions.
I finally got a full(enough) understanding of modes a few months ago.
I got confused at one point, when he was saying that the natural minor was made from a combo of aeolian and dorian

I'd just like to know, from my understanding ionian mode and major scale are the same and applied the same, just different terminology when you're talking in different context (modes vs. scales)

Is aeolian not the same way with the natural minor scale?
and how is it a combo of aeolian and dorian, was the aeolian mode pattern different back then because I don't see why dorian is involved.