Should I remove the plastic on the pickups? the guitar sounds good with them on the pickups but am i expected to remove them?

Yep should be fine to peel off. I think it's just there to protect the pickups and stop them getting dusty while in the shop/transit or whatever.
Quote by axeunlimited
Just wondering if it will risk them getting rusty? Its a Schecter omen 6 fr guitar btw.

They'll only get rusty if you kinda expose them to a bit of moisture. Just be careful and everything will be k.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
its supposed to come off, its only there for shipping (kinda like the plastic cover on electronics). your pickups will eventually rust, but this will take in the ballpark of 20 years unless you get your guitar damp often (i lived in vancouver for a bit and my les pauls original pickups rusted a touch)
a film over the plastic won't protect the metal parts from rusting anyway.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
You really need to post bigger pictures. I can not see what you are talking about.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
my digital camera is dead and my mob camera sucks. It's simply a film of plastic on the pickups. Already removed them.
Quote by Bhaok
You really need to post bigger pictures. I can not see what you are talking about.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Oh man, when I buy a guitar the first thing I do is take all that crap off.

The plastic crap they cover the fender scratch plates with is the worse. It gets stuck under all the knobs and the switch grrrrrr.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works