I've just bought a brand new Schecter C-1+ Diamond Series, a little over a week ago, and this morning the 9th fret on the low E has started to brush the 10th fret and sound like a buzzy 10th. I don't think the fret has slipped, and the action's not shifted, so I'm pretty puzzled. I absolutely love this guitar and I've been treating it with kid gloves since I bought it, so it's unlikely that it's the cause of anything I've done to it. Any ideas?
The guitar is settling and you need a setup. If you already had a setup then the guitar has settled and your truss rod needs minor adjustment. When you bought it did the store set it up for you? Normally they will do a free setup for you and just take it back so they can adjust the intonation and truss rod. This is normal. Another cause could be if you changed strings and put heavier ones on it. If you didn't do that then I would assume it's the truss rod and maybe a slight intonation adjustment.

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
Last edited by JohnnyNash at Oct 2, 2010,
Quote by MHMaddo
I've just bought a brand new Schecter C-1+ Diamond Series, a little over a week ago, and this morning the 9th fret on the low E has started to brush the 10th fret and sound like a buzzy 10th. I don't think the fret has slipped, and the action's not shifted, so I'm pretty puzzled. I absolutely love this guitar and I've been treating it with kid gloves since I bought it, so it's unlikely that it's the cause of anything I've done to it. Any ideas?

temp changes, settling into the house.

is the fret buzz transmitting through the amp?

if not, it's generally not considered a problem.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011