Poll: In what situation would you kill? Read the description.
Poll Options
View poll results: In what situation would you kill? Read the description.
A
29 16%
B
137 77%
C
104 59%
D
90 51%
E
81 46%
Voters: 177.
Page 1 of 2
I was just wondering, in what kind of situation could you kill another person? Say the police and the law aren't relevant (e.g. you wouldn't go to prison for killing someone, and the police wouldn't care about anything) Personally I could only do it in self-defence...

A - You wouldn't kill anyone for any reason at all.

B - You've just entered your living room to find a man with a knife standing over the bodies of your family. He's just turned round, and is about to attack you. You happen to be holding a very large, very sharp knife. Would you kill him?

C - You've just entered your living room to find a man with a knife standing over the bodies of your family. He hasn't seen you yet. You happen to be holding a very large, very sharp knife. Would you kill him?

D - You've just entered your living room to find a man with a knife standing over the bodies of your family. He hasn't seen you yet. You know that in a drawer in the kitchen, there is a very large, very sharp knife. Would you go get it and kill him?

E - You've just entered your living room to find a family friend with a knife standing over the bodies of your family. He runs off without seeing you and drives off. You know exactly where he lives. Would you spend weeks planning how to get into his well-guarded house to kill him while he sleeps?
I'd first ask him how he got my family to come all the way across the country and into my living room.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
In most of these cases, it's kill or be killed.
I like my life enough to not want to die.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Quote by demon.guitarist
Yeah kill or be killed - that ones easy. But if he hadnt seen me i would definately try to wound him so he couldnt escape. If it ends in death, well, he had it coming.

What would you do after you've wounded him? If there wasn't police...
Option F - Someone posts a silly post.
Would you kill him?

answer: yes
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
I'd have no problem bringing myself to kill another person, which is probably something i should tell a therapist
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
This is a silly question, B C D E, Who wouldnt kill the man who murdered his family?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Kill him? No, that's too easy. I'll make him pay for what he's done. I only chose option B. Self defense.

It's a better punishment to live the rest of his life scarred and have him off himself than for me to do the dirty work.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
I'd kill him slowly. And I mean I'd torture him until he was begging to die.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by Mudmen190
Killing is never necessary.

Neither is eating - I could just inject essential nutrients and sugars into my blood-stream, however, I'd rather eat
Quote by Mudmen190
Killing is never necessary.

Give it a rest Gandhi
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
i would call the police in the last scenario
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
The only situation in which I'd kill anyone would be in self-defense, with my own life in danger.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by Arrived+Dparted
Kill him? No, that's too easy. I'll make him pay for what he's done. I only chose option B. Self defense.

It's a better punishment to live the rest of his life scarred and have him off himself than for me to do the dirty work.

this.

why the hell would you kill him? that's giving him an easy way out. Make him rot in a cell or make his life hell.
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
I'll take situation B, however I would not kill him, I've had too much training to puss out like this, I'd wail on him greatly, perhaps make him eat the rest of his life through a straw and then hand him to the police.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Hypothetical thread is hypothetical.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
If it were a case of "it's me or him", I'd knife the bastard. I only ever hurt people in self defense.

And E is totally irrelevent for me. I'd never kill him in his sleep. I'd wake the ****er up and make his end a very painful one.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Knife???
Silly Brit.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Drmckool
i would call the police in the last scenario

This, but check'd for the rest of them.
The playground of the world
B C D E. Someone ****s with my family, they are going to get ****ed up.

Edit: Wow UG censors out ****? I thought people just did that on their own to be douchebags.
Last edited by moscaespañol at Oct 2, 2010,
Seeing as he's about to attack me, yes.

Even if he isn't going to attack me, I'm not going to let him leave after doing that. And I'm especially not going to trust a court to give him a death sentence.
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
Fff I honestly wouldn't even care if he murdered my family, I'm killing the guy in my living room in with a knife in his hand.
If they spilled my milk.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by GodofCheesecake
The only situation in which I'd kill anyone would be in self-defense, with my own life in danger.

Really? Not even to save a family member? That seems very selfish of you. I would definitely use potentially lethal force in defense of another. Obviously any situation would need to be weighed, if I'm in a grocery store with my family and a gunman storms in the other side of the store, I'm hiding myself and my family and calling the cops. But I think the guilt of not acting when you could have would be worse than the potential guilt of killing the threatening person. I hope to never be in any situation where that choice is forced on me.
B, C, and possibly D if there's a chance he would try to kill me.
For E I would call the cops, have him arrested, and f*ck his wife.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

If situation "E" was the case, I would just call the police. Otherwise, in situations B,C,and D, if it was to protect my family, I would kill a man.
Page 1 of 2