Hey Guys,
I'm new here, so don't be mean :P

Okay so here's the deal,
For christmas my parents said I can get a new guitar of my choice, (I chose Yamaha RGX-A2 by the way )
and we are going to my grandparents, so obviously they will want me to play something for them, and most stuff I can play isn't that Impressive.
So I want to learn to sweep pick, so I can play them that and they'll be like OMFGBBQ <3
So im looking for techniques to help me? (Sorry if this is in the wrong section :S )
Peace out.
try deth klocks duncan hills coffe jingle. its really easy as far as sweeps go, theres video tutorials on you tube, and it sounds pretty good to my ears.

as far as techniques go, do not stop the pick in between notes, and start very slow so you can make sure to only move one finger at a time. as in, for one note the finger goes down all other fingers are station ary. then the finger comes up, all other fingers are stationary. then the next finger for the next note goes down....etc etc...

also do not "roll" your wrists to get to the notes. its sloppy and doing so will only cheat yourself. move each finger to the note while keeping the wrist stationary. this will make your fingers more accurate and faster for more face melting extreme sweeping.
"I can see that we speak the wrong notes."

Warlock NJ Deluxe (haters gonna hate)
Crate EL-10G
they will be equally amazed by some simple stuff as sweep picking. in fact they dont really give a sh*t if you do sweep picking or not as they would have no clue what it is. they arent going to be like "grandson, youve dissapointed us with you inability to sweep pick, GTFO"
Haha Thanks,
Well my grandparents wont give a Sh*t Haha
I might do duncan hills
Or something by muse cus they all like muse
Thanks!
OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
I believe in A Thing called love by The Darkness......learn it.....play it to them.....you van thank me later
Last edited by CreepingDeath13 at Oct 2, 2010,
Sweep picking will take time to master perfectly. You cannot just wish to learn it and then learn it man. What helped me was to practice really slowly. Choose a shape, or make your own, practice slowly, make sure both your fretting hand and picking hands are synced perfectly, and remember, the slower and perfect you play, and the more you repeat things slowly and perfectly, the easier you are making it for yourself for later. Later you will find it easier to 'glide' the pick.
Good Luck!
First, don't play sweeps for your grandparents. It's pointless. Play something they might actually enjoy.

Second, how long have you been playing?
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Alrighty then, you should know how to do sweeping and you just need to clean it up. So I would say start off by checking out Justin Sandercoe's mini sweep lesson. I found it to be pretty helpful.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Well, i can sweep, messily :P
I think i'm going to do something by muse and then after that learn how to sweep better Thanks for all the help
OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN