Hey UG,

Looking for a bit of advice here apropos amps.

I currently have a Line 6 II 210 and i'm just not happy with the tone. I play really at home in my bedroom [separated house] (gigging maybe in the future but not worried about that for now).

I like to play mainly metal / hard rock / prog rock (metallica, a7x, disturbed, tool etc) with a bit of clean stuff.. no jazz or country.

Basically am willing to pay up to about $2000USD for a head or combo. (i know i need a cab for a head)

Been looking at the mesas such as Roadster head and Mark V head as they both have the adjustable power. Only thing i am worried about is whether 50w on the roadster (which is more readily available) is going to be too loud on a 2x12 cab. However i'm not deadset on the mesas.

I'd much much much prefer something with 3 or 4 channels and preferably individual controls per channel.

Basically, to simplify a ramble down to a short sentence.. I want an amp with killer tone for heavy stuff, still able to play cleans, with 3-4 channels for bedroom use at under $2k for head or combo.

Cheers guys,

Toby.
Never played one but everyone speaks very highly of the mesa mark V and how versatile it is.
Guitars
Fender USA Strat
Tele c/w Bare Knucks
Amps
Dr Z Remedy
Orange Dual Terror
Epiphone VJ
Orange 1X12 Cab
Pedals
Loads!!
i bet you have only hated the tone of it since you joined UG.

also dude, rhose amps for bedroom used, no. you wont get the full tone of the tubes without bringing down the roof.
Last edited by CreepingDeath13 at Oct 2, 2010,
Unless you start playing live, $2000 seems like a bit of a waste.

I'm not saying bedroom players shouldn't have nice gear, but it's like owning a Ferrari and only taking it down to the end of the street and back at 20MPH.
Quote by kyle62
Unless you start playing live, $2000 seems like a bit of a waste.

I'm not saying bedroom players shouldn't have nice gear, but it's like owning a Ferrari and only taking it down to the end of the street and back at 20MPH.

+1.

in a completely unrelated topic conicidently thats what 90% of Ferrari owners are like, too scared to drive it like a car and would rather look at it in the garage for fear ov damaging it outside.
I'm on phone so can't be bothered quoting haha

In regard to not liking my line 6 it far preceeds me joining this forum (2 hours ago - long time reader first poster) and its also not as strong a hatred seemingly as some people on this forum.

As to it being a waste of money - it may be. But it is a self indulgent present for myself for my uni marks. My question isn't really about value for money but BEST quality playable at bedroom level.

Thanks for your replies,
Toby.

Ps. If I had a ferrari it would probably get impounded within the week
Blackstar Ht-20 on a 2x12 cab ( ). sounds great without being so loud as to level a small village but can be really loud when you want it to be.