Budget: around £400 - £500
Genre: Rock but versatile. Already have and Ibanez S470 for metal and heavier stuff, this is for lighter stuff. Think the strokes, Red hot chilli peppers.

I like the look of this, but there aren't any in my local music shop to try out.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_classic_player_baja_tele_vb.htm

Also this tele although it's a bit expensive http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_road_worn_50_telecaster_2ts.htm

Any recommendations?
For the chili's, a telecaster is the way to go. In and around shops in the uk, I've seen fender ones going for about £350-£450 brand new. So definately within your price range.
another way to get great deals is if you know people who are full on!!! Like i know this guy named theo (like mayo) and he's gonna order a 3000$ sg and sell it for about 300-600$ for it to me. He's the coolest guy ever!!!!!
1962 Strat Re-Issue.

Or an original 62 like he has.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
that is definately a good option there. solid guitar, nice price and super easy to find

im gonna throw one more into the mix though, a G&L tribute ASAT classic. it may be korean made, but my experience with the korean tributes is that they rival mexi fenders on build quality fairly often (and they seem to be a little more consistently put together). also, im a big fan of the G&L pickups. they seem to be a little warmer and more sensitive than standard fenders.
telecaster is the way to go for the chili peppers? wtf?

try to find an MIJ tokai goldstar/springysound/gs100... i've seen a few, new, on ebay and online stores for between £300-£400. That's what I'd do, anyway.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by aerorocker101
another way to get great deals is if you know people who are full on!!! Like i know this guy named theo (like mayo) and he's gonna order a 3000$ sg and sell it for about 300-600$ for it to me. He's the coolest guy ever!!!!!

...and say he never received it. Thieves are SO COOL!!!!