For the last 3 or 4 months I've been saving for an acoustic guitar. It was my plan to go and buy it today. The thing is, the John Mayer Black1 strat is going to be released soon and its about the same amount as the acoustic I was looking it. There's only 500 of the JM strats so I don't know if I should buy it now, or just stick to my original plan. After buying the acoustic, I was going to save up for a much needed amp. Should I spring for the JM strat next or what? Thanks
"should i buy an overpriced strat with john mayers name on it that plays or feels no different besides the price tag and the fact that it is a signature guitar?"

No.
Quote by CreepingDeath13
"should i buy an overpriced strat with john mayers name on it that plays or feels no different besides the price tag and the fact that it is a signature guitar?"

No.

So funny! You know what's even funnier? I'm buying the lower end version of the custom shop one! It's only $1200 and it sounds practically the same!
Quote by CreepingDeath13

No.

Not just that, anyone brandishing a strat with John Mayer's name on it is immediately given sex god status. Just sayin'.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
Not just that, anyone brandishing a strat with John Mayer's name on it is immediately given sex god status. Just sayin'.

just mention john mayer around girls and legs will spread for you.
Quote by ethowitz
So funny! You know what's even funnier? I'm buying the lower end version of the custom shop one! It's only $1200 and it sounds practically the same!

In other words, like just about every other strat going?
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
The John Mayer guitar tone does not have good value. Get a custom shop or American Standard or Deluxe.
Playing John Mayers songs got me laid.I don't like owning signature instruments though.
If you could reason with religious people,there would be no religious people.
don't buy it and save for an amp, ou won't be satisfied with it. its just a standard strat pretty much, and even the cheap version is still expensive for what it is. save your money and buy a kickass amp
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Even if you do buy his guitar John Mayer is probably not going to have sex with you.
Quote by jpnyc
Even if you do buy his guitar John Mayer is probably not going to have sex with you.

Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
Quote by jpnyc

consider yourself sigged sir
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
To go the opposite way. I think it's a pretty cool guitar.
It shouldn't really be too different from any other Fender strat, and it will be pretty overpriced, but if you dig John Mayer's tone and the looks of the guitar, I'd say go for it.
I think the black one is much better than the regular Mayer sig, opinion-wise, so yeah. Go for it if you want.