Page 1 of 6
Does anyone else find this really stupid?

It is like a woman's way to say:"Ok we are arguing now and I cant win, so instead of being a rational person I will make you suffer by sleeping on the couch because I'm not winning this argument.

In my opinion, people who their wives/girlfriends send them to sleep on the couch are pushovers, she cant decide where will you sleep just because you are arguing, she should just deal with it.

So pit, have you ever slept on the couch because a woman has told you so?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Not personally no. But no it's not a stupid idea. Women are irrational, moody creatures. If they're pissed off, why should we make it worse by not backing down like a mature adult?
Either you sleep on the couch or she sleeps in another mans bed.

OT i never get kicked out of bed because im willing to go down.
Quote by boreamor
Not personally no. But no it's not a stupid idea. Women are irrational, moody creatures. If they're pissed off, why should we make it worse by not backing down like a mature adult?

So when they're pissed off you have to surrender and let them do whatever they want?

Why can't they deal with it?

People give women too much credit, you cant say:"because they're women it's ok" to everything.

Quote by Dirge Humani
Birthday : November 21, 1993

I'm guessing you've never slept anywhere a woman told you, either. Unless it was your mother, of course.

Well you are not really right I got kicked out of a friend's house because we were arguing about something and she didnt like it that she didnt win.(We were just hitting it off)
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Last edited by GbAdimDb5m7 at Oct 2, 2010,
I slept on the couch when I was very sick and I was afraid of puking in our bed. That's all.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Or maybe the relationship actually means something to you. Women aren't objects. They have feelings, no matter how twisted they are. If you personally want to keep the relationship going, you have to deal with it. That's just the way women work. If you're in the wrong, then you're in the wrong, no matter what.
your butthurt cause you got sent to the couch and have come on UG to complain about it havnt you?
I'm fine with sleeping on the couch, means you get the big TV. But no lady has ever bare with me long enough to warrant such behaviour

Quote by Dirge Humani

I'm guessing you've never slept anywhere a woman told you, either. Unless it was your mother, of course.

This.

But also because regardless of who "wins" the arguments (and you seem to be assuming of course that will always be YOU, as women are crazy), sleeping directly beside someone when there's that kind of tension and feelings are running high isn't a good idea.
There's such a thing as giving someone some space.
Quote by CreepingDeath13
your butthurt cause you got sent to the couch and have come on UG to complain about it havnt you?

Nope, last time it happened to me it was a while ago, I just keep seeing it on TV shows and it just seems stupid and pointless.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
It's immature bullshit that I've never catered to. Never will. My parents have an excellent relationship, and my mother does not pull shit like that..

If they think that that's an acceptable way to behave, I will help them pack up their shit and send them on their way.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Quote by Jazz Funeral
It's immature bullshit that I've never catered to. Never will. My parents have an excellent relationship, and my mother does not pull shit like that..

If they think that that's an acceptable way to behave, I will help them pack up their shit and send them on their way.

TS is annoyed because he was kicked out of a friend's house.
Quote by Jazz Funeral

Finally a man who understands, you dont have to do whatever the woman says, instead of sleeping on the couch just go home and tell her you wont deal with crap like that, my brother used to do this too I guess I just learned from him, he one time just threw her stuff outside of her room because she pissed him.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I have insomnia, so sleeping everywhere except my bed is pretty much conducive to a better nights sleep than normal (weirdly).

i have once, after a party, I asked "where can i sleep?" and was told "have the couch"

no arguments there.
Quote by Dirge Humani

I wouldn't be so quick to judge. I know a guy who is a father, born in 95.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
he one time just threw her stuff outside of her room because she pissed him.

And that's more mature or constructive than asking someone to sleep on the couch?
Quote by MadClownDisease
And that's more mature or constructive than asking someone to sleep on the couch?

What he did was really immature I agree yeah, but eventually even after he eventually relaxed and let her sleep with him in the bed, but it just shows that men shouldnt have to cater to women and do whatever they want, plus she was REALLY REALLY REALLY annoying.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
any sensible guy will sleep on the couch if he wants to get laid in the future
Quote by theshaft
any sensible guy will sleep on the couch if he wants to get laid in the future

Or just at the first time she tells you to go sleep on the couch tell her you wont do it and she should deal with it like a sensible person, if she says no then you are better off without her.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Nope. My wife is not that stupid.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
If there is a fight going on, nobody wants to sleep next to the one that they're pissed at. But if you're in it for the long haul, you deal with it. If she's the type to throw that kind of a bitchfit, she's likely to be the kind that will eventually use children as game pieces to get her way. Before you know it, your push-over ass Is sleeping on your couch, in your crappy little apartment, scraping by on what's left of your check after child-support. Oh, and you're only seeing those kids for two weekends a month now.

Why? Because you let a bitch run your life. Relationships are about cooperation. Not forcing discomfort on someone when vying for dominance.

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Quote by Dirge Humani

Haven't you heard about his oedipus complex?
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by Jazz Funeral
Relationships are about cooperation. Not forcing discomfort on someone when vying for dominance.

They're not???? Man have I been doing it wrong.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
They're not???? Man have I been doing it wrong.

That's good shit right there.

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
he one time just threw her stuff outside of her room because she pissed him.

...isn't this just a more immature and irrational way of doing the exact same thing?
I mean, all he did was just say "No way I want to be with you right now, so gtfo", whereas the women are saying "No way I want to be with you right now, so gtfo".
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by Baby Joel
...isn't this just a more immature and irrational way of doing the exact same thing?
I mean, all he did was just say "No way I want to be with you right now, so gtfo", whereas the women are saying "No way I want to be with you right now, so gtfo".

Look at my post above, eventually he relaxed and he let her sleep with him.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by Guitar Sushi
I wouldn't be so quick to judge. I know a guy who is a father, born in 95.

does he live with his girlfriend?
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Look at my post above, eventually he relaxed and he let her sleep with him.

What, so he makes it all better by saying "lol, jk"?
If I were you, I wouldn't learn about relationship stuff from your older brother.
And to be honest, I would never put myself in a relationship with a woman that would ever ask me to sleep on the couch. In my eyes, a woman that does that isn't a woman worth being with.

There is no successful relationship that I have ever encountered where either of the couple has asked the other person to sleep somewhere else for the night.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
people actually do that? I thought that was just in movies and tv shows. I couldn't imagine any girls I know being so immature they would force someone out of their own bed.
Quote by Baby Joel
What, so he makes it all better by saying "lol, jk"?
If I were you, I wouldn't learn about relationship stuff from your older brother.
And to be honest, I would never put myself in a relationship with a woman that would ever ask me to sleep on the couch. In my eyes, a woman that does that isn't a woman worth being with.

There is no successful relationship that I have ever encountered where either of the couple has asked the other person to sleep somewhere else for the night.

It's not better, I'm just saying that eventually he took it back.

Honestly this happened about 6 years ago, he is with a different woman now and they are getting married in a month, the one before was a bitch.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I am the king of my god damn castle. Any girl I date for more than a week or so knows that. So I've never been told to sleep on the couch.
Quote by theshaft
any pussy whipped sissy boy will sleep on the couch if he wants to maintain the delusion that he will get laid in the future

Fixed.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I am the king of my god damn castle. Any girl I date for more than a week or so knows that. So I've never been told to sleep on the couch.

This
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Haha okay I'm all for not doing what women tell you to do. In fact, I'd never take that shit personally. I would walk my arse out that door and sleep in my car down the road or whatever to be honest, but Jesus Christ anyone who is looking at this thread with slightly younger eyes and thinking, 'yeah when i get older i'm totally not gonna take any shit from my girls' DONT throw her FUCKING STUFF out the FUCKING WINDOW. What are you delusional?! Jesus fuck, fine have an argument and walk out because your girlfriend is a total bitch but don't stoop to her level because that completely undermines your argument by throwing shit out of windows. Grow a pair and get a good girlfriend without being a pussy and without being a borderline mental patient.
Quote by CoreysMonster
people actually do that? I thought that was just in movies and tv shows. I couldn't imagine any girls I know being so immature they would force someone out of their own bed.

+1 I didn't think people did that shit IRL.

So no TS. I've never been forced to sleep on the couch.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by alexmonty12
Haha okay I'm all for not doing what women tell you to do. In fact, I'd never take that shit personally. I would walk my arse out that door and sleep in my car down the road or whatever to be honest, but Jesus Christ anyone who is looking at this thread with slightly younger eyes and thinking, 'yeah when i get older i'm totally not gonna take any shit from my girls' DONT throw her FUCKING STUFF out the FUCKING WINDOW. What are you delusional?! Jesus fuck, fine have an argument and walk out because your girlfriend is a total bitch but don't stoop to her level because that completely undermines your argument by throwing shit out of windows. Grow a pair and get a good girlfriend without being a pussy and without being a borderline mental patient.

So youll just sleep in your car and then go back to her?
That's just as bad.

Also if you are refering to what I said earlier he didnt throw her stuff out the window just out the room.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Does anyone else find this really stupid?

It is like a woman's way to say:"Ok we are arguing now and I cant win, so instead of being a rational person I will make you suffer by sleeping on the couch because I'm not winning this argument.

In my opinion, people who their wives/girlfriends send them to sleep on the couch are pushovers, she cant decide where will you sleep just because you are arguing, she should just deal with it.

So pit, have you ever slept on the couch because a woman has told you so?

The probability that you have had zero experience with this is... one