So, i took my guitar and amp to an other room yesterday, and started playing like i would normally. But i suddenly got this weird noise. It's some buzzing noise that sounds similair to the noise you hear when you're not playing and not using a noise gate. I've never had it before.
It's pretty much gone when im playing on clean (as far as i can get a clean tone) or with very low gain overdrives.

Stuff im using; ESP Alexi 200 with Seymour duncan blackout in bridge, no neck pickup.
Vox VT15.

Both using for 1 year, haven't changed anything except for new strings and a new pickup half year ago.

What could this be? My amp, pickup, how do i fix this?

tldr; Im getting a loud buzzing noise when im on med/high gain overdrive/distortion, what is it and how do i fix this?
Sometimes, moving an amp to a new location causes it to pick up more of the AC field being generated by wiring and lighting in your home. Try moving the amp to another location, or turn it. See if the noise decreases.
Ah, this sounds like a busted sprogglesprocket, I'm afraid you're going to have to buy a new amp and guitar =/
Most of my grindcore inspiration comes from my hard drive.
Quote by kennykenny
Ah, this sounds like a busted sprogglesprocket, I'm afraid you're going to have to buy a new amp and guitar =/

If I wasn't an electronics technician, I might actually believe that a sprogglesprocket actually exists. Fortunately, they're too expensive to manufacture on this planet and do not exist.
Quote by KG6_Steven
If I wasn't an electronics technician, I might actually believe that a sprogglesprocket actually exists. Fortunately, they're too expensive to manufacture on this planet and do not exist.

If I tilt my head to the side slightly, it looks like you've sigged that quote
Quote by KG6_Steven
Sometimes, moving an amp to a new location causes it to pick up more of the AC field being generated by wiring and lighting in your home. Try moving the amp to another location, or turn it. See if the noise decreases.

Brought my amp back to my previous room, had no noise. Probably gonna move it to another location soon. Thanks for the help
Quote by Kazooiej
Brought my amp back to my previous room, had no noise. Probably gonna move it to another location soon. Thanks for the help

Happy to help mate
You're welcome. Glad it was an easy "fix". Just remember, fluorescent lighting, appliances and the wiring in your walls generate an electrical field. This field is easily "received" by your guitar's pickups, cabling and components in your amp. Sometimes rotating the amp a few degrees off-axis is all that's needed to lessen the effect and quiet things down.