Hi,

I'm gassing for some FX. Chorus, flanger and noise suppressor.

First of all I've already decided (after a lot of research and deciding on what I need) on the Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor.

So, first question: It says you can use the NS-2 to power other pedals. So I'd have to buy an adaptor to do that. If I use the Boss PSA 120s adaptor (as recommended on the Boss site) it says only to use a Boss adapter with Boss pedals. However, to me this translates as: Don't use this adapter with other pedals, only buy Boss ones. And, don't use other brands' adapters with Boss pedals, buy a Boss one.

So is this all marketing bollocks? I presume it is safe to use any power supply with any pedal as long as the stats match up right?

Next: Chorus pedals. I'm looking to spend until 100 pounds and have looked at the Boss CH-1, CE-5 the EHX Small Clone and the Visual Sound Liquid Chorus. Right now the Liquid Chorus is winning, but it's the most expensive (99 quid). I just want a good solid all-around chorus for many different styles.

Flanger: I'm teetering between the Boss BF-3 and the MXR M-117.

So, plan one would be (at the moment) Liquid Chorus + M-117. But what about plan 2: save up and get the TC Nova Modulator. It costs about the same as the other two pedals together, but has other functions (which I don't really need). Worth it? I haven't found too much on the Nova Modulator apart from that the demos on youtube look good.

EDIT: New pedals. And my total budget is just under 300 pounds.
Ibanez AF105VB
Ibanez RG2550Z
MIM '92 Fender Strat
Peavey Triumph 60
MXR-108.
and that's it. done buying stuff. probably.
Last edited by finetune at Oct 2, 2010,
You're right about the Boss adapter as long as it doesn't exceed the mA you can use it with whatever you want.

The TC Electronics stuff is meant to be pretty awesome but I've never personally tried it. But if you can try it then I would. But as far as the individual pedals go you've made the best choices of the options you picked. The Small Clone is a very nice chorus, especially for the price, just keep it in mind.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

The thing about the small clone is I've read it's noisy (although the NS-2 should keep a lid on that), and maybe not as well-built as the Boss's for example. Also it seems fairly limited in what it can do. But it is about half the price of the liquid chorus....hmm
Ibanez AF105VB
Ibanez RG2550Z
MIM '92 Fender Strat
Peavey Triumph 60
MXR-108.
and that's it. done buying stuff. probably.