Ibanez MTM2 white (Blackout AHB-3)
Squier "custom" strat (Hot Slag)
Ashdown Fallen Angel 40w 112
Pitchblack
TS-9
NS-2
MXR 10 band eq
dude why would i be trolling...?

i thought trolls were people who just posted random crap trying to funny.

I'm just a person buying my first electric guitar and asking which amp would be better.
Gear:

Squier Tele Custom ii (p90 version)

Orange Crush 10

Fender CD140S
its just that MG's get alot of hate, along with spiders they are considered abit of a no go.

but like a said ive played through niether so i cant give any advice.

all i can recommend is try them out and go for what you like best.

Nath

Edit: i hear the peavey vypyr is quite good for a starter amp
I Am Hated
7 String Legion

Ibanez RG1527 prestige (BKP Aftermath)
Ibanez MTM2 black (rockmonkey SoB)
Pitchblack
TS-9
NS-2
MXR 10 band eq
Last edited by 2841981 at Oct 2, 2010,
Quote by 2841981
its just that MG's get alot of hate, along with spiders they are considered abit of a no go.

God forbid people tell someone that an amp sounds like crap before he wastes his money on it.

Anyway, get the Orange.
Quote by jpnyc
God forbid people tell someone that an amp sounds like crap before he wastes his money on it.

Anyway, get the Orange.

it makes very little difference when you first start playing, until your ear developes its difficult to discern the difference. when i first played through a spider i thought it was great, a year later (or so) i got my fallen angel and when i play through a spider now it sounds like static/white noise.

that and the fact that most of the people who say that are just bandwagon haters without ever having played through them.

have you played through either of the amps? you must of to be able to give such a definitive answer
I Am Hated
7 String Legion

Ibanez RG1527 prestige (BKP Aftermath)
Ibanez MTM2 black (rockmonkey SoB)
Pitchblack
TS-9
NS-2
MXR 10 band eq
Last edited by 2841981 at Oct 2, 2010,
microcube or vox da5 (haven't tried the da5)?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks for all the advice. Also, could someone tell me what's so bad about the marshall mg series. I tried the mg4 15 watt and it wasn't that bad.
Gear:

Orange Crush 10

Fender CD140S
Quote by 2841981

that and the fact that most of the people who say that are just bandwagon haters without ever having played through them.

wat

Who hasn't played an MG/Spider/etc.? They're the most common amps ever. Jesus ****ing Christ this anti bandwagon bandwagon is getting ridiculous.

TS, the MG is buzzy and harsh sounding. If you want something a bit more natural try the Peavey Vypyr or Vox VT series. Both sound much better. Better yet, if you don't play metal and can spend a bit more, there's the Valve Junior, AC4, VHT Special 6, etc. that will all sound much, much better.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
If YOU like the way the MG sounds, buy it. 'Nuff said.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
Quote by mmolteratx
wat

Who hasn't played an MG/Spider/etc.? They're the most common amps ever. Jesus ****ing Christ this anti bandwagon bandwagon is getting ridiculous.

TS, the MG is buzzy and harsh sounding. If you want something a bit more natural try the Peavey Vypyr or Vox VT series. Both sound much better. Better yet, if you don't play metal and can spend a bit more, there's the Valve Junior, AC4, VHT Special 6, etc. that will all sound much, much better.

This... Also if it really comes down to it and you must pick between the MG and the Crush, get the Crush. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried one.
ok, whatabout the vox pathfinder 15r?
Gear:

Orange Crush 10

Fender CD140S
^ not bad, and sounds quite natural for an SS, but since the cheap low wattage tube amps got released, I'm not really sure there's much point in one...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?