the title says it all

And my bandmate who have a line 6 120 watt, want new amp but dont have alot of money.He is wondering if getting a pod/gt 10/multieffect pedal and using the stuff on it while using is amp juste for power(wattage) would be an idea ?

if you think it would not preferable and he should get a new amp, what would be your suggestion ? We are a death/prog metal band , alot of inspiration come from the band Death so were not the super brO0t@LZz kind of the death metal
I dont really know his buget so lets say under 1000 $
Last edited by reclamation901 at Oct 2, 2010,
i say look for a used ampeg vh140c, a used marshall jcm800, or a 6505+combo, or a used 5150 and some kind of cab
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
The pod xt live is useable in the way described but the sound quality is not amazing, your friend would be better off doing one of the following

save up for a line 6 pod HD series which seems to have better sound quality

get a tube amp as suggested, country budget and tone prefered would help me suggest,

or; check out a fractal audio Axe-Fx (sounds many times better than line 6 products, but base model is about $1500 US dollars)

hope that helps
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
Quote by Metalmaker
The pod xt live is useable in the way described but the sound quality is not amazing, your friend would be better off doing one of the following

save up for a line 6 pod HD series which seems to have better sound quality

get a tube amp as suggested, country budget and tone prefered would help me suggest,

or; check out a fractal audio Axe-Fx (sounds many times better than line 6 products, but base model is about $1500 US dollars)

hope that helps

I'll chek that out

As for the tube amp....maybe under 1000$ would be preferable,a sweet distortion but not too trebely and all of his guitar got active pickups
Last edited by reclamation901 at Oct 2, 2010,
Quote by reclamation901
I'll chek that out

As for the tube amp....maybe under 1000$ would be preferable,a sweet distortion but not too trebely and all of his guitar got active pickups

hmmmm, perhaps an older Marshall as previously suggested, used you could get one for a decent price, or if versatility would be nice, maybe a peavey 3120 (older used versions would be the xxx)

Hope that helps some, if you can give me a song or band whose tone would be similar that can help quite a bit
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
Quote by Metalmaker
hmmmm, perhaps an older Marshall as previously suggested, used you could get one for a decent price, or if versatility would be nice, maybe a peavey 3120 (older used versions would be the xxx)

Hope that helps some, if you can give me a song or band whose tone would be similar that can help quite a bit

metallica and justice for all/ride the lightning tone

or

Dying Fetus tone
Ah, then you want an American voiced amp, check out anybof the Mesa mark series, or even the rectifier series, if youre willing to go used you can easily find some in your price range
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
Quote by Metalmaker
Ah, then you want an American voiced amp, check out anybof the Mesa mark series, or even the rectifier series, if youre willing to go used you can easily find some in your price range

alright ! thx alot

is there a specefic mark serie ( lll,IV .... ) that you would recommend ?
Last edited by reclamation901 at Oct 3, 2010,
The ii, iv and v are amazing though the v cost a ton
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious