Go with the Jackson.
I should tell you I hate Kirk Hammet and all of Metallica more then Hitler hated Jews.
I may not be the greatest person to give an unbiased opinion.
Given those two? The Jackson.

Even as a Metallica fan, the KH-202 is awful. There are better guitars with the same layout and specs for cheaper, and they don't come with bad pickups and lame inlays.

Plus, Jackson tends to make great guitars.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
I think you'll find the Jackson is the most versatile of those two brands, I can literally play anything with mine.
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
The big difference between those guitars are mainly the neck radius. Both are great for shredders, but the Jackson has a compound radius neck.

Try both of them out, if you can, and see which one you prefer. If you really want to go with the ESP, get a standard LTD M or MH model that isn't an overpriced KH signature model.
Gear :
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000 - EMG 81/85 + 18V mod
ESP/LTD AX-400 - EMG 81/81
Jackson DKMG - EMG 85/81 + 18V mod.

SGH VS100 All-tube head
Marshall 1960a JCM 800 cab

BOSS NS-2 / BOSS MT-2 / BOSS ML-2
BOSS BD-2 / BOSS PS-5 / BOSS-DD7
Quote by Kyle Ross
The big difference between those guitars are mainly the neck radius. Both are great for shredders, but the Jackson has a compound radius neck.

Try both of them out, if you can, and see which one you prefer. If you really want to go with the ESP, get a standard LTD M or MH model that isn't an overpriced KH signature model.

+1.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

I've played the KH-202, it felt....... Alright but not omg amazing, my similar priced LTDs blew it away, it felt more similar to my Ibanez GRG170dx but with lower action and a better bridge, the neck felt the exact same and it felt like i was going up and down a cheese grater with some of the fret work on the neck :\ Might have been a dodge one though

But I'd still go with the jackson

The Pickups are the same between guitars anyway, and while some people around here will say "LOL THEY'RE BAD PICKUPS", They're not that bad, they're a little harsh sounding, I find they sound better in drop tuned tunings, and lower tunings.

They do the job they need to do.
My friend owns the KH-202...

I'd definately go with the Jackson I did have a few annoyances with the KH...
you really should try them both out.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
lol at your signature dude! i would have said the same thing lol. paul is the man! oh, i'd go with the jackson, or find a similar priced ibanez. i'm a metallica fan as well, but i've heard those guitars aren't so great. you have to buy the 3000 dollar one for it to be worth it.
Quote by Kyle Ross

I cant, shops near here dont sell eitha, and that ESP is the only ESP i can get left handed.

Thanks for all comments though

Also what about the Ibanez RG370DXL if anyone has experience with these?
Realistically, they're very similar. I wouldn't venture to say that the Jackson is better... the wood, pickups and bridge are all nearly identical. According the the stories, the Ibanez's bridge won't last, but it's mostly a myth - take care of your bridge and it will take care of you. I'd personally go with the Ibanez out of them, but that's mostly because I hate the KH inlays, and the next thing besides ESP that I'm partial to is Ibanez.

Their necks will all be a bit different. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think in terms of flatness to fullness, it will go Ibanez > Jackson > LTD.

What are you playing right now?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
ESP LTD MH350 NT

Its right hand and i setup it up lefty.

I Like ESP alot and am happy with the MH350's sound but atcually want to get a left handed guitar instead of having to convert.
jackson, easily. the jackson's an intermediate-pro level guitar (if you swap the trem, anyway) which is made in japan, the esp is a beginner one with an intermediate price because it has hammster's signature on it.

Just to point out, that jackson you linked to is right-handed.

Quote by BoL7z

The Pickups are the same between guitars anyway,

LOLWUT?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 2, 2010,
Sorry its just hard to decide, even with all this advice . But ive put ESP out the question so its eitha the Ibanez or Jackson. I think i need to try out a jackson before i by cos i have no experience with them.

Thanks so much anyhow its really appreciated
i would prefer the jackson. MIJ for the win. The Ibanezes aren't MIJ until you hit the rg1550/1570 (granted between those ones I'd probably take the ibanez, the MIJ ibanezes are a little nicer than the cheaper MIJ jacksons).

IMO.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
EDIT: Misread.

Anyway, if the Jackson is MIJ, I'd go for that. I thought it was one of the cheaper models because it was basswood.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Oct 3, 2010,
ooh, hang on, well spotted, that's an older one. make sure you get one of the newer ones with the active emgs and alder body.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Get a used Ibanez RG550! Thank me later.
You should be able to find one at this pricepoint. Plus its a much better guitar with a great trem.
Jackson.
Proudly endorsed by Kamecki Guitars and WBgear!

My guitars:
-B.C Rich NJ Jr.V Deluxe (6 string guitar)
-Kamecki Custom V guitar