So i'm cycling home after a rugby match right and the route I take is next to a main road with cars that go pretty fast along it. The road's damp because it's been raining heavily. Anyway, i'm fairly far away from the crash so I don't see much except for two cars skidding off and slamming into the wall on my side of the road and a lampost fell down into the road too. I can see a bunch of people rushing towards the cars. One of the drivers gets out of his car and is fine but the other guy is pretty messed up. So I keep cycling and eventually when I get to the exact spot where it happened I see one of the drivers being looked after. He's propped up against the wall and both of his legs are completely broken (really disgustingly so). His face has been half torn to shreds and there's a lot of blood on him. I hung around a bit before the ambalans arrived but it was pretty rough.

Anyway, it kind of shook me up because if i'd been a little bit further ahead the cars might have slammed into me and they were really going quite fast.

So this thread has a point... anyone else ever witnessed a really nasty crash before?
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
That sucks dude. Once I was driving with my mom and sister and we just drove past a crashed car with ambulances all around it with a guy still in the seat all bloodied, not moving. It was really surreal because no one said anything as we drove past and we never said anything about it.
The playground of the world
seen quite a few car/bike crashes myself. I'm never shocked by that kind of stuff though
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
Once, I was heading home after school and I saw this van fly off the road down into a ditch. It was about a 6 foot drop, and people go about 50 MPH on that road, so needless to say, it was messed up.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I saw a guy on a bicycle being hit by a car as he was crossing the road. Luckily the driver got some time to hit the brakes before the collision, so it wasn't going very fast at the time of impact. The bicycle guy just... floated in mid-air for a split-second after the hit, before crashing to the ground. Looked like he had died to me, but surprisingly he got on his feet just a second later saying he was alright.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Not much but on the way to school on a rather damp day, saw someone in his twenties that was going a bit fast down the road lose control and skid sideways for a few metres before the bike went down. He wasn't hurt but it was good to see people stopping in the middle of the road and getting out to help.
"ambalans"?
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
My dad was on his way to work once when he saw 2 crashed cars, a guy sitting on the floor with his hands on his face and blood all around him and another guy standing panicking. He pulled over to make sure everything was alright and when the man on the floor moved his hands his face was literally coming off.

There was blood all over the place and he had to wait with the guy until the ambulance & police arrived.
Quote by BladeSlinger
Oh God I lol'ed

Quote by Ēzio

Would you like to see my Soundcloud?
I love Padgea7x
I once heard a accident when me and a few friends were hanging out in a parking lot, it didn't sound too bad so we thought it was a fender-bender or something, when we got closer we realized it was an old man that got hit by a truck, he died on the scene. needless to say, it shook me up for a few days.
The road I live next to has lot of car crashes, its a steep hill with low visibility to the top if your at the bottom and theres a bar only half a mile out. It's a death trap really. I personally saw one crash.

One car came down the road, clearly drunk as it swerving over the line and going to way to fast, another car came from the other end of the hill and the drunk hit the other car head on. Needless to say I called in the emergency and went over to see if the drivers where okay. At the time I had no idea how bad blood smelled when alcoholic was in the blood stream, made me sick to my stomach. The non drunk driver was a woman about 20-25, she was actually okay for the most part just knocked out and a few cuts probably because she had her seat belt on. The drunk though was really messed up. Guy about 40-50. His head clearly smashed up against the window and his arm was bent in a very awkward position so I can assume it was broken. Ambulance showed up about 2 minutes later (hospital is only quarter mile away) took both of them away and thats really all I know.
My friend saw a car make a headfirst impact into a big tree, the windshield was broken with blood spots everywhere and the driver's brain was split somewhat from the middle with blood trickling down the face...
I never saw a big accident but I did see a totally smashed up car with sickening blood on the road needless to say the driver had died(thankful I didnt see it)
Those are some sad stories D:
I cringed and laughed at the one Hakoon1 posted.
At first I was like "omgwtf, his face." Then I pictured a pancake when people eat eyes holes and a mouth hole in them and make them look like a face, and laughed.

As for me, never seen one that wasn't on an allstate commercial or a movie.
Last edited by institutions at Oct 2, 2010,
No, I'm a recluse.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
I've lost friends in bad car accidents but fortunately I've not seen any bad ones on the road happen.

Seeing the Felipe Massa Grand Prix crash live was horrendous though.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
I've managed to witness a lot of car accidents in my time.

When I was in 11th grade walking to school a car ran a red light and smashed into a refrigerator repair store. Completely totalled the store.

I saw drunk driver on the 4th of July about 5 years ago crash into some Guy, which knocked the victim out. The drunk driver gets out of his car and starts to walk away from the crash. An off duty police officer who is a big as kimbo slice, grabs him in a head lock, throws the Guy in the back seat of the drunks car and beats the living shit out of the drunk driver until the cops come and arrest him.

About a month after moving to AZ I saw a white van hit and run a man on a motorcycle. What freaks me out the most was, I was with my dad and right before the Guy got hit, I said "wow, that Guy isn't wearing a helmet, he's going to crash". Like 2 seconds later he gets hit, but he was lucky and fell onto the grassy median.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Reading stuff like this always makes me want to stop driving. When you're doing something dangerous and you know it, you can make a conscious decision to proceed in a disciplined fashion to accomplish what you have to. But driving is something you do everyday at a near subconscious level, and you completely take the risk involved for granted. It's just scary to think how easy it is to die in an extremely violent or gory way, and that you risk it every day. I wish I lived in another country or at least a big city with good public transportation.
We're only strays.
Quote by Sherlock_Bones
So it was fairly serious then? But not serious enough for you to include the correct spelling of ambulance? O_o

Yeah it was serious. The guy's going to be in hospital for quite a while now I assume but spelling ambulance 'amabalans' is always hilarious.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by Nelsean

About a month after moving to AZ I saw a white van hit and run a man on a motorcycle. What freaks me out the most was, I was with my dad and right before the Guy got hit, I said "wow, that Guy isn't wearing a helmet, he's going to crash". Like 2 seconds later he gets hit, but he was lucky and fell onto the grassy median.

wait wait wait wait....

grass in arizona? you mustve been in the water retarded city of phoenix
Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Quote by axethrower13
wait wait wait wait....

grass in arizona? you mustve been in the water retarded city of phoenix

Tucson. I live in the same city as you. :0
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean
Tucson. I live in the same city as you. :0

LIES! the only grass that exists here is smoked!
Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
It wasn't necessary nasty in the sense that the cars were totaled or anything, but once I saw two Ferraris bump into each other pretty good. I'm sure that hurt the owners more than the car.
I was standing in my Grandma's yard, about a block from where I live. My dad was in his car taking anap with the top down, and a brother of mine was in the back yard messing around. I saw this truck coming at me from a couple blocks away, swerving everywhere, he managed to hit the tree about 20 feet in front of me, and thank god he did, otherwise the neighbors house would have been ****ed and so would have my grandma's. He kept going down the road when he hit another tree, by that time there was a big group of people standing around, one lady tried to take the keys, but he sped away dragging her, thank god she wasn't hurt. Turns out he was drunk, and it was a friends dad