Alright so I have a bunch of videos that I downloaded and saved to my computer. I want to put them on a dvd.

If you've seen the "best of bowie" dvd, its a compilation of his music videos throughout his career. I am wanting to do the same sort of thing but with various different artists.

Do I need a dvd burner? or just a cd-rom drive with a cd-r/w? or do I need a dvd-rom drive? and is there any software that I would need?
If you want to put them on a DVD you need a DVD burner.
If you want to put them on a CD (e.g. .avi) a CD burner will be okay as well.
C4C?

Take a look at my profile!
Quote by Reeen
If you want to put them on a DVD you need a DVD burner.
If you want to put them on a CD (e.g. .avi) a CD burner will be okay as well.

The burner is that a seperate thing? or just a program?

and iis it just a blank dvd-r/w?

so, really, the best bet would just be a dvd/cd burner in one?
Usually DVD burners (so the thing in your computer, not the software) can burn CDs as well. Actually, every computer which is not older than like 5 years has a DVD burner.

You need DVD-R to burn files or in your case some videos on the DVD. DVD-RW are REwriteable, so you can delete them and burn new files on them. Same with CDs.

To make a compilation of videos, you probably need a software that can cut videos and put them together. And you need a software to have a menu on your DVD lateron...
C4C?

Take a look at my profile!
Quote by Reeen
Usually DVD burners (so the thing in your computer, not the software) can burn CDs as well. Actually, every computer which is not older than like 5 years has a DVD burner.

You need DVD-R to burn files or in your case some videos on the DVD. DVD-RW are REwriteable, so you can delete them and burn new files on them. Same with CDs.

To make a compilation of videos, you probably need a software that can cut videos and put them together. And you need a software to have a menu on your DVD lateron...

cool. thanks.