I just got a Squier from my uncle. He says that while he was working at a news station in Miami, when they opened a new Hard Rock Cafe, they gave a Squier Strat with a sticker to the station as a promotion. Nobody wanted it, so he decided to take it. Now I have it. I'm just trying to learn a bit more about it. The S# is CY80616800. It's black with maple neck and rosewood board. Thanks for any help you can give.
Built in Taiwan, 1980. That's as far as I know.

Edit: actually, being built in 1980 doesn't really add up. CY means the Taiwan plant, and then usually the next two numbers are the year, but this can't be so. Maybe it's 88, 98, or 08 and they just put in one digit, but I don't know why that would happen.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Last edited by Reisgar42 at Oct 2, 2010,
I'm sertain that the serial number is what I posted. It says Affinity Series, and has a "Squier by Fender" logo, if that helps much. Sorry I can't be of much assistance.
What do you expect to learn about this guitar? Past loves and how much it owes in back taxes? It's a cheap give away Strat and now it's yours. Play it and be happy.
yeah that serial makes no sense to me at all i have a 2002 with a serial number of CY02025808
the C is china
Y yako
02 last 2 digits in year (2002)
02=month (feb)
5808= production number.

i think.
Quote by BobDetroit
What do you expect to learn about this guitar? Past loves and how much it owes in back taxes? It's a cheap give away Strat and now it's yours. Play it and be happy.

Well my hope was that I could at least know what parts to retrofit it with if I could date it. It looks like the tremolo bar is missing for one, and I was hoping I could find a replacement for it.